Hitting close to home

GLJ

Never go faster than your guardian angle can fly.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday the weather was very nice for the middle of December. I've been needing to order tires for the Survivor. So I got the RE out and rode to the independent bike shop that I get tires from. Wasn't sure he would be open as he had rotor-cuff surgery a few months ago and is closed on days he has physical therapy. Hurt his shoulder earlier this year riding one of his dual sports. Didn't really care if he was open or not, wanted to go for a ride. He was there. Told him which tires I wanted. He said "Hope you are not in a hurry". That's strange as he normally gets tires in a day or 2. He buys tires and a lot of other parts from Parts Unlimited. Very large aftermarket company. He explained that last week they had a cyber attack on their computer systems. Accounting and WMS are dead in the water. Without WMS they can't find or ship parts. They think they may be up and running next week. Good thing I'm in no hurry for the tires.
Read all the time about cyber attacks, first time I've ever been affected by one.

I tried to explain to my wife just how bad these kind of things could possibly get. Maybe that plastic card in your wallet will not work at all. Walmart could be unable to do business. We already buy direct from farms, so keeping some cash on hand isn't a bad idea. It could make a difference, at least, for a minute. Not that I'm expecting it, but a little preparedness never hurts.

Back