Hospitals aren't the safest place to be.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
My sister entered hospital a few weeks ago for life saving surgery. She recovered OK from the surgery, but contracted covid, she was moved to the covid ward but died a few days later.

Probably the best for her as after the op she could no longer eat solid foods, had to have a pureed diet, plus she had pancreatic cancer and you don't get over that. I didn't know her all that well in later life, as we lived on opposite sides of the country only getting together once briefly a few years ago in the last 50 odd years.

Not good news for me as I'll be admitted to hospital in the next month or so for a hip replacement surgery, fixing the previous botched one. Being high risk: One lung, ongoing lung cancer battle, diabetic, RA, high BP, underactive thyroid, plus being a senior doesn't put me in the best place. Oh well, I won't be sorry to go, such a shitty world we live in now

Blame it on the Chinese!

So sorry to hear this news Togl.
My wife was in the hospital last year and contracted covid as well. Of course she passed it to me during my daily visits with her.
Fortunately we both recovered without any great issues. Mine was never severe and I was never hospitalized, never really treated excepting some nausea pills and told to quarantine. I am in good shape without any health issues. She had some of the co morbidity issues so perhaps slowed her recovery. Hopefully the replacement surgery won't require much hospital stay for you limiting your exposure. I will be praying for a successful operation and recovery for you covid free.
I've enjoyed your presence on the site.
Hoping you still have many many more days.

My sister entered hospital a few weeks ago for life saving surgery. She recovered OK from the surgery, but contracted covid, she was moved to the covid ward but died a few days later.

Probably the best for her as after the op she could no longer eat solid foods, had to have a pureed diet, plus she had pancreatic cancer and you don't get over that. I didn't know her all that well in later life, as we lived on opposite sides of the country only getting together once briefly a few years ago in the last 50 odd years.

Not good news for me as I'll be admitted to hospital in the next month or so for a hip replacement surgery, fixing the previous botched one. Being high risk: One lung, ongoing lung cancer battle, diabetic, RA, high BP, underactive thyroid, plus being a senior doesn't put me in the best place. Oh well, I won't be sorry to go, such a shitty world we live in now

Blame it on the Chinese!
ToglHot,

Sorry to hear re; your sister and I agree hospitals are not especially safe. My wife died of CoVid in Feb 21, we both caught it from fully (government vax'd) step-daughters, one is a hospital nurse.

Best of luck to you re; your up-coming hip surgery.

LA Rider

Gee Toglhot you have a lot of medical baggage fighting with you and still in my mind you manage to build one of the finest XS 650 machines ever. I love looking at your work and precise detail. Good luck with upcoming hip replacement , perhaps you could design a better one than the Ortho Dr's.......

tim

That wouldn't be hard. The hip replacements are poorly designed and very poorly done by the surgeons. But we're stuck with them!

Back