How I fixed my basic Pamco

JRay77

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
This is how I fixed my basic Pamco. Hopefully this helps someone. If you already have a few tools, why not? Easier for me just to post this in a series of videos. I'm not on often but I'll check at least once a day for messages. I'd like to thank everyone for helping this far. Kinda paying it forward....:thumbsup:

Make sure to check the part number on top of the transistor! http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=/ha2pyFadugikAA/vkKq9rBna2sg3jzPUfPqocJi0qE=

@ 5 Twins ^^^ here it is.
BUT....I got to drinkin' and thinkin' "Hey, I'll use that capacitor at Wal-Mart with the led display! Yeah! I'll go battery less!" I knew I'd hafta keep the capacitor sealed up from moisture and heat. I knew it could handle the PMA watts.....oh boy! Haha! Drinking is what led to my decision to get married. Drinking=bad ideas. Lol. Basically my Pamco repair worked. It was my 2 am trip to Wal Mart for a capacitor is when shit went south. Lol

Super good! You should retitle your vids so they can be found if someone is searching for info about repairing a Pamco.

This is why I suggest a specific forum and thread for all things PAMCO related. I'll be going with a PAMCO and would rather look for everything in one stickied thread.

@ the dog. Be really careful. Make sure all the connections are tight. I went with the kickstart only (capacitor set up) and even put blue thread lock on those connections. Pamcos are nice and fire on the first kick but any..... I mean ANY lose connection and it's done.

Back