Hugh's HandBuilt Grand Opening Party

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Thats right folks, We are planning a Grand Opening Party at our new shop in Asheville NC. October 22-23rd, from 4:00PM until? At 191 Lyman Street #125. This is in the Riverview Station in the River Arts District.

riverview-550.jpg

The people on this site have been so encouraging, and given me a run for my money at other times, and I wanted to extend the invite to everyone involved in the XS650 Community.

Wine, Brew, Snacks and possibly some door giveaway prizes.

Asheville is a great city, with lots of great riding, extremely Motorcycle Friendly, and of course carries the title of "Beer City USA" so you know we have something for everyone here.

And as a Bonus, you'll get to meet the owner of http://britonbees.com/ who builds some of the finest 2 stroke motorcycles and motorcyclettes around. Briton Bees and I share the new shop location, and have really been pushing each other to create better and more creative bikes/parts.

So come on out, check out the shop and get to know us in person :thumbsup:

http://www.riverviewartists.com/ind...tent&view=article&id=60&Itemid=54&ArtistID=94

http://hughshandbuilt.com/

Copied From the Blog:

So we are having our first ever "Shop Opening Party" this weekend! We are inviting ALL 2 wheeled enthusiasts in the area to come on out, check out the new shop, partake of local brews and some grub and just have a great time.

The New Shop is on 191 Lyman Street, Asheville NC 28801. We are in Unit 125, around back.

riverview_station_2.jpg

So I keep saying "We" - and that means Hugh's HandBuilt and Briton Bees - we share a common space in the River Arts District. Briton Bees builds some of the coolest 2 Stroke machines on the planet, and is starting to build small cc vintage commuter bikes in the near future. Its worth a visit by itself...

So what's the plan?

7:00 PM Friday Night - I'll bring the grill, fire up some burgers and hotdogs, and supply some wine/cheese/brew and snacks... Hang out, get to know us, check out some of our projects, and have a great time. You might even score some door prizes/stickers/etc...

11:00 AM Saturday - Head over to Wheels Thru' Time Museum in Maggie Valley... If you've never been to this place, you should.. It is the greatest place on earth. It is after all, the Museum That Runs! And the best part is that it is only 30 minutes or so from Asheville.

wheels-through-time-museum-3.bmp

5:00ish (who knows....) Saturday - Get back to Asheville and partake of some local breweries wares and local food/grub... The Wedge Brewery is within walking distance to the shop, so thats the likeliest candidate but there are plenty of other options available for fine local craft brew and micro-brews...

WedgeBrewery.jpg

Saturday Night - 7:30(ish) And for those of you that can't make it Friday night, don't sweat it, we're going to be at the shop again Saturday Night! Food, Brew/Wine, and Motorcycles!

So come on out, get to know us, check out the shop, and enjoy one last good weekend before the super cold weather sets in! Asheville is a great city, full of things to do, people to gawk at, and some of the east coasts greatest motorcycle riding is within 1-2 hours of the city. The Blue Ridge Parkway is local, or you could take the time to go hit the Tail of The Dragon. Either way, just make sure to get into Asheville and come see us.

And just in case you feel a bit unsure of who to talk to, I'm the ugly dude that looks alot like this feller:

fishinbobber2-450x300.jpg

Camping is available for those interested, just go downtown under the Bridge and Pretend to "Occupy Asheville" and you are set - take care and see you soon!

Last edited:
Looks like an awesome spot, Hugh. Wish I had tires I trusted for a drive down to Carolina!

Posted via Mobile

Man,the reasons to come down that way are endless. There is the Builtmore,Dollywood,and Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum,and now you. I need to make a trip that way,and this could be the perfect reason.

Well I would be there no problem, except for previous engagements that weekend. I will be making a trip sometime to say hello though.
I wish you all the best Hugh and keep up the great work.

Damn!! Murphy's Law for me. The one day that I have a prior engagement in months. Are you open to visits at other times?

Hope the event goes well and keep up the impressive work amigo!

I am being forced, yes forced, to go to my wife's work party. They are all social workers.....and woman. Please let there be a petrol head among the men who are being dragged there as well. Actually, just let there be another guy.
I'm gonna need help after this one.

I am being forced, yes forced, to go to my wife's work party. They are all social workers.....and woman. Please let there be a petrol head among the men who are being dragged there as well. Actually, just let there be another guy.
I'm gonna need help after this one.

Too funny!

Back