I can see..again!

madmax-im

Yamaha...Go your own way...
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Amazing when you run an old machine and you think its running well and then you do the tune up and am amazed that it runs even better..And its like you never really noticed how it slipped away from running in top form..until you can see/feel the difference afterwards...and its an epihany...wow
My vision had been slipping away..but no more...cataract surgery has given me that visual tune up...I was living in a "beer light" but now its a bright light..wow what a difference..Right eye was done 2 yrs ago and the left eye was done last week...I was astigmatic in both eyes..now only mildly astigmatic in the right eye. The left eye is clear as 20/20... So glad to have this done..it is miraculous what they can do these days...Now we're ready to Go Ride...:smoke:

Amazing when you run an old machine and you think its running well and then you do the tune up and am amazed that it runs even better..And its like you never really noticed how it slipped away from running in top form..until you can see/feel the difference afterwards...and its an epihany...wow
My vision had been slipping away..but no more...cataract surgery has given me that visual tune up...I was living in a "beer light" but now its a bright light..wow what a difference..Right eye was done 2 yrs ago and the left eye was done last week...I was astigmatic in both eyes..now only mildly astigmatic in the right eye. The left eye is clear as 20/20... So glad to have this done..it is miraculous what they can do these days...Now we're ready to Go Ride...:smoke:

Good for you buddy! Happy to hear you got your eagle eyes back again. Seriously, losing the quality of your vision is no joke.

Great to hear!! :bike:

I just ran across this article again, and I thought I’d share another miracle of modern science that I recently had done. I have glaucoma, I never knew I had it until I lost some peripheral vision in my left eye. I take eye drops daily to lower the pressure inside my eyes. Recently the eye drops have been less effective and the pressure readings have been creeping up. I tried some other eye drops but had allergic reactions to them, that left me with only surgical options. There are numerous surgeries that involve micro incisions and various types of drains, but I had a non invasive laser surgery done, called SLT for short. It involves no cutting, no special recovery care, and no pain at all. It is done at a special surgical center, the procedure took about 15 minutes. Just walk in and walk out and go about your business. The procedure uses a pinpoint laser to target the area around your iris that has a sort of mesh network that allows fluid pressure to drain away from your eye.

0BF3B4CF-42A1-437B-B924-8EA1ACFA3B93.jpeg76C39BC0-0210-477B-B793-F39678DA8D96.jpeg

In my case it was 95 tiny little pops with the laser. It does not damage the tissue and it can be repeated. It normally takes a couple of months for the eyes to stabilize and know your true results, and I should say it does not always work. I just had my two week follow up and my eye pressure ( I just had it done in one eye ) was the lowest it has ever been , so I am hopeful this did the trick. Amazing technology. 🙂

^My brother had that exact thing done and got good results. He's in the medical business himself and depends on good vision. I had cataract surgery about a year ago and the result is the best vision of my life. I had let one of them get so bad I couldn't see the big E. My surgeon was apparently OK, but in retrospect I would have chosen someone else after I noticed his reception area had vanity award plaques from the Consumer Research Council. Kind of scary in a way.

I was diagnosed with "Central Serus Chorioretinopathy" 16 months ago. One eye had blurring and distortion and color shift due to a bulge in the structure behind the macula (only in the very center of the eyeball) which distorted the macula and hence the center of my vision. I had good depth perception and peripheral vision still with the other eye good and most of the affected eye still good.. At that point I searched these classifieds and bought my Tracker because I did not want pass up the opportunity to ride again. And if it happens to the other eye I would be pretty much home bound. Well, the swelling has gone down considerably in the last 14-16 months and while there is some blur in the center, the distortion is gone. The doctor checks me out every 6 months now to see where I stabilize at.

I was diagnosed with "Central Serus Chorioretinopathy" 16 months ago. One eye had blurring and distortion and color shift due to a bulge in the structure behind the macula (only in the very center of the eyeball) which distorted the macula and hence the center of my vision. I had good depth perception and peripheral vision still with the other eye good and most of the affected eye still good.. At that point I searched these classifieds and bought my Tracker because I did not want pass up the opportunity to ride again. And if it happens to the other eye I would be pretty much home bound. Well, the swelling has gone down considerably in the last 14-16 months and while there is some blur in the center, the distortion is gone. The doctor checks me out every 6 months now to see where I stabilize at.

Thats good news ( the swelling going down ) I hope things continue to improve for you. 👍🏻

I just ran across this article again, and I thought I’d share another miracle of modern science that I recently had done. I have glaucoma, I never knew I had it until I lost some peripheral vision in my left eye. I take eye drops daily to lower the pressure inside my eyes. Recently the eye drops have been less effective and the pressure readings have been creeping up. I tried some other eye drops but had allergic reactions to them, that left me with only surgical options. There are numerous surgeries that involve micro incisions and various types of drains, but I had a non invasive laser surgery done, called SLT for short. It involves no cutting, no special recovery care, and no pain at all. It is done at a special surgical center, the procedure took about 15 minutes. Just walk in and walk out and go about your business. The procedure uses a pinpoint laser to target the area around your iris that has a sort of mesh network that allows fluid pressure to drain away from your eye.

View attachment 230383View attachment 230384

In my case it was 95 tiny little pops with the laser. It does not damage the tissue and it can be repeated. It normally takes a couple of months for the eyes to stabilize and know your true results, and I should say it does not always work. I just had my two week follow up and my eye pressure ( I just had it done in one eye ) was the lowest it has ever been , so I am hopeful this did the trick. Amazing technology. 🙂
Great to hear that Bob..Its amazing to me they call this a surgery..its all done by lasers ..no cutting no pain just a mild sedative so that you are not awake while they laser cut the old lens out and pop in the new polycarbonate lens that is quaranteed to last 50000 years..so my Dr. told me..I think we're good for a while..LOL

[/QUOTE] polycarbonate ... quaranteed to last 50000 years..so my Dr. told me..I think we're good for a while..LOL
[/QUOTE]
Future aliens interring remains here on earth will think they came across a highly developed bionic lifeforms with Titanium joints, electric hearts, silicone breasts, plastic eyes and metal teeth. :)

Back