I can't stop myself, single cam CB750

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
See?; now ya got me thinkin'....like this?

😎
2E54991E-C3AD-4EEC-9911-6AB2095A2689.jpeg

willis

xsive compulsive disorder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like an Eastern Beaver PC8 ??? I've been eyeing those for some time now. I just don't have a need for that many fuses on any of my bikes. Nice job on the wiring JP. Looks very sanitary.

WideAWAKE

Single Fins and Twin Cylinders
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Isn’t it fun!!! 😀

The motorbike shop I worked at did a lot of them. They were very simple but still a good amount of work. We always had to solder every connection too.

Bike is lookin clean. I like that battery tray and ignition set up.

jpdevol

Hacker of Frames,Wires and other things
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
What's the electronic doodad in the second picture?

Hey JP,
Your right, more wires than I expected on my full from scratch rewire with an M-Gadget unit.
Whats that box of tricks you have there?
View attachment 233988

Looks like an Eastern Beaver PC8 ??? I've been eyeing those for some time now. I just don't have a need for that many fuses on any of my bikes. Nice job on the wiring JP. Looks very sanitary.

Isn’t it fun!!! 😀

The motorbike shop I worked at did a lot of them. They were very simple but still a good amount of work. We always had to solder every connection too.

Bike is lookin clean. I like that battery tray and ignition set up.
Bingo Willis! DE & Adam that indeed is an Eastern Beaver PC8 - a fancy fusebox with 8 circuits (6 switched via relay, 2 direct batt).

It's a bit messy at this stage, but hopefully it will look sanitary when wrapped (got some fancy, stretchy loom tape).

I do enjoy this part and arranging things sensible to me, but what a time-suck; it's a bit crazy when ya can buy a repro harness for $80:doh:

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Bike is really coming along! 😃 So, you clearly intend to completely build the bike, then tear it all apart for painting? Like all the hot rod shows on TV. 😄

I do enjoy this part and arranging things sensible to me, but what a time-suck

When I was doing really fiddly, time consuming stuff, I used to throw on some slow jazz music and just get lost in the work. I found it very soothing actually actually.

jpdevol

Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, you clearly intend to completely build the bike, then tear it all apart for painting? Like all t
Oh yes, I try to fab, fit, mock (sometimes more than once :)) and make sure everything will work as intended - assembled together - then take it all back into pieces to paint, powder, etc.. Doing otherwise is asking for real trouble...I think...

jpdevol

Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ha!...maybe it is worth the "time-suck" to wire the thing from scratch; here is a current pic from a Honda forum from a guy that bought a repro harness and was having issues (black on Honda is main power = Yam brown):

IMG_2996.JPG
"This is a new aftermarket wire harness with some of the black wrapping tape removed, as I was looking for shorts and/or places where the wire harness may have been rubbing. Since it was just installed on the bike a few weeks ago and the bike isn't running, there are no places where the harness has bare wires touching anywhere on the frame caused by rubbing."

46th Georgia

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yes, I try to fab, fit, mock (sometimes more than once :)) and make sure everything will work as intended - assembled together - then take it all back into pieces to paint, powder, etc.. Doing otherwise is asking for real trouble...I think...
Heck, I'll almost wear the threads out disassembling and reassembling a big project a zillion times. Nice work, BTW.

takehikes

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Heck, I'll almost wear the threads out disassembling and reassembling a big project a zillion times. Nice work, BTW.
most Of my experience is building choppers. We would always completely build them and then ride them a fair bit to make sure everything works. No going back when you do a fully molded build!