I can't stop myself, single cam CB750

With me, I don't think "skill" and welding should be used in the same sentence......barely passable for a blind guy on Medicare:laugh2:
I'm impressed by the level of metalwork and fabrication you guys are able to take on. Waiting to see how the bike turns out.

Waiting to see how some of Jim's projects go too. Hope I haven't missed the posts on those.

Like someone else on here once said, “ my welding skills aren’t improving, but my grinding skills are!”
Max's corollary; " My wedding skills aren't improving, but my divorcing is top notch." ;^)
No worries. I'm justa hack welder too. Well practiced maybe... but a hack none the less.
:laugh2:
A regular Jim Duggan. :D

Programming Note: There'll be a slight pause in SOHC 750 land as I've traveled to my house in FL as Mom's (85yrs) dementia has reached a point where Dad can't play golf. At 85yrs and 6 handicap, still hitting a tee shot ~240yds, I want to keep him going.... So maybe progress will resume in April.

In the meantime; @gggGary you can have this hi-jacked thread back (temporarily):D

PS - "No rest for the wicked": First order of business is resuscitating the golf cart. New batteries; 80lbs & $250 each x 4:yikes:
20230213_095719.jpg

Alas not a single single cam CB750 in TSOIR. As compensation I have kinda finished up, moved enough projects out of the garage that the first green pieces are going back on Sodak. So mebby some pics over on that thread, while you are being a good son. Props for that! :heart:

Yeah, he's pretty awesome....IDK what the USGA record # of rounds for "shooting your age" is, but he's done it near weekly since he was 69. I was a 9 (still listed that way) until I had to quit drinkin' - which, for me, also means I quit golf:laugh2: (went back to buildin' bikes).

His golf group was coming up the 18th today and saw him in the back yard - it was high fives all around because he got on the tee sheet for next Monday:D

Yeah, he's pretty awesome....IDK what the USGA record # of rounds for "shooting your age" is, but he's done it near weekly since he was 69. I was a 9 (still listed that way) until I had to quit drinkin' - which, for me, also means I quit golf:laugh2: (went back to buildin' bikes).

His golf group was coming up the 18th today and saw him in the back yard - it was high fives all around because he got on the tee sheet for next Monday:D
You're a good son J.P. God bless you.

I'm finally back at it: So, went to FL for a couple months...bought a '75 XS and a '77 XLCR (both while in FL)....came home and attempted to ready the XS for the Ozarks rally (replaced numerous bits)...did the Ozarks rally.... just now to got the Harley roadworthy (sitting in a museum 5yrs at least ). And the weather's been good and I've been ridin' (including the HD, see pic)and frankly I'm having trouble getting motivated lately.

I swear if I do a video series, I can't call it "Itchy Boots" (taken), I'll have to call it "Sticky Buns"; cause I can't get my ass out of the chair!:laugh2:

So, first-up will be blasting and powder coating the frame and installing it on the motor. Got the frame back from the blaster dude (too big for my cabinet) and this afternoon got it racked-up:

1685491595550.jpeg

The frame sits inside the rack - so it will fit in the oven - and it don't touch anything (so far, so good)
1685491675129.jpeg

Maybe this evening it'll get a final acetone wipe-down and I'll maybe spray some powder & cook it (if I can get back outta this damn chair)
1685491830571.jpeg

But I'm running behind:laughing:

Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
Looking back at the years gone by like so many summer fields
'65, I was 17 and running up 101
I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on
Running on (running on empty)
Running on (running blind)
Running on (running into the sun)
But I'm running behind
Gotta do what you can just to keep your love alive
Trying not to confuse it, with what you do to survive