I can't stop myself, single cam CB750

Oooooooooh, PURDY!

Almost gives me the urge. Almost...
It is a lot of work, but you need something to do in that awesome new shop šŸ‘
Perhaps some more inspiration (teasing, lol)....
guide01.jpg
valve03.jpg
valve02.jpg

valvetools (2).jpg

And my fancy head fixture for valve install.....
20221123_213226.jpg

Last edited:
I am not familiar with these tools, did you cut new seats or just lap the valves?
View attachment 230593
I installed new valve guides, so that slightly changes the location (angle) of the valve and new seats have to be cut. The gold anodized cutters are the Neway brand type 30,45,60 degrees. A pilot shaft gets inserted into the newly reamed guide and the cutters ride on that. Once the seat is relocated (angle, height, width), then the lapping begins (I use 2 grits).
20221123_153121.jpg
20221123_153113.jpg

Some pie cuts into 1.25" x .12" square tube.........
View attachment 232553

Wow! I am super impressed with your layout and fabrication skills! šŸ˜ƒ Re: all those different angled pie cutsā€¦.somebody was paying attention in math class! šŸ˜‰ Not meā€¦.Iā€™d be doing all sorts of shade tree engineering,

Wow! I am super impressed with your layout and fabrication skills! šŸ˜ƒ Re: all those different angled pie cutsā€¦.somebody was paying attention in math class! šŸ˜‰ Not meā€¦.Iā€™d be doing all sorts of shade tree engineering,
Thank you! My secret is graph paper and a protractor;):laugh2:

Probably should post a pic of what it ended-up being or folks will think we're nuts:
20221223_182613.jpg

:laugh2:

Well, to me the monoshock and tail cowl just scream for the pipes. Imho, the stainless 4-1 belongs on an ancient CB750... not a modern cafe makeover. :sneaky:

Back