I had to do a comparison.

Well, they use aluminum seal washers on carbs. If the aluminium is the right grade and annealed it's as good, if not better, than copper washers.

There is stretch in all materials, steel, aluminium, stainless , whatever, but not enough to affect anything.

Common problem with leaking sump plates is because the alloy from the motor bottom case has stretched creating a bump that has to be filed before the plates goes back on........

This is caused but a steel bolt in an Alloy thread and over torqued causing the alloy to stretch.

So i think there would be enough to affect..

I worked for the electricity commission many, many years ago. The huge cables that carry the electricity were made of very, very soft aluminium so they could stand the constant movement.

Haha. Dunno. Might have to do with the shape. He was talking about aluminum wiring that loses compression at the screw terminals over time and starts a fire.
that's true a result of repeated thermal expansion, contraction causing it to deform.. also why aluminum motor gaskets start to leak over time.

that's true a result of repeated thermal expansion, contraction causing it to deform..
If a wire gets hot enough to expand, there's too much current bein' pumped through it. I was taught... and taught, wires correctly sized for the load they'll carry shouldn't get warm to the touch.

If a wire gets hot enough to expand, there's too much current bein' pumped through it. I was taught... and taught, wires correctly sized for the load they'll carry shouldn't get warm to the touch.

Do a search on aluminum romex.
We were selling electric at the height of that deal, copper had gone sky high was in very short supply. We refused to sell the aluminum but many did and paid the price.

Back to the original ? thread strength"?
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/thread-pull-out-load-charts-235171/
short version
in steel thread depth of 1X d
in aluminum thread depth of 1.5 d
From sad experience if the adjuster bolt is taking live load (axle nut loose) it's going to bend.
But for a thread that will see frequent movement in a dirty environment, aluminum would not be my first choice.
A square steel nut or steel insert with a collar inside the aluminum adjuster should work well?

Back