I have an unusual request for help - medically related

Sorry to hear about your daughter's DE, I lost my first wife to cancer and understand the many ways it can affect them and the surrounding family who care for them so much.
Wishing all goes well for both and hoping that you can remain strong and positive for them.

I don't spend a lot of time on my prayer bones these days but I will send positive vibes your way
I wish you were closer to the the Mayo Clinic but I'm sure there are great doctors in your area
You definitely need Doctors who say I can and I will make this better
I'm glad you got a second opinion
Mikey

She had a consultation with the oncologist today. They outlined a pretty aggressive treatment plan - surgery, chemo, radiation and antibody treatments. She's going to be miserable for a while with the chemo, but the idea is to stomp a mudhole in it's ass right from the get-go and greatly reduce the chances of it ever coming back.

She's going to be miserable for a while

Yeah she is, if she’s like me it’s the waiting for something to happen that’s the hard part. I’ve always felt it’s best to to just go right at it , head on. Get it done then work on the recovery. The sooner the better. Good luck to her.

Fortunately, she inherited some of my cussed orneryness. She is NOT going to let this beat her, and she's going to live life as normally as possible while dealing with the treatment. Her bestie is an LPN who had breast cancer and has been through the process so she can provide a lot of support and knowledge.

And, of course, Mom and Dad will be right there as well.

If you go with alternative treatment, do it in addition to a regular oncologist. I know several people who have beaten cancer multiple times who had no thoughts of alternative treatment and now look to be heading into ripe old age. I knew one relatively young person who would probably still be alive if she'd gone with traditional medicine instead of the alternatives. I don't know what allows people to think so readily that pros who've devoted their lives to it don't know what they're doing.

Well, best wishes to you all. I once caught a glimpse of a surgeon's schedule laying on the desk in the business office and was surprised at how busy they are. I feel like I'd need a half day to prepare and a half day to unwind...

Back