I want to reinstall my horn

NorazDad

NorazDad
Reaction score
In my hot desire to remove all of the unnecessary wiring I cut the horn connectors and now I want them back.
I've got pink wires coming from the brown main connected to the pink conglomeration in the jug and coming from the turn signal(which works) and horn switch. I just don't know how to make a new horn connection. Where does the connection to the actual horn come from and what is its configuration?
It's a two prong 12v horn.
Thanks,
Rob

The brown wire is the same one that carries 12V to lots of places. The pink wire runs to the horn switch. They both connect to the horn itself. When you press the horn button, current goes from the brown wire, through the horn, up through the pink wire and through the closed horn switch to ground. Does that help? The other side of the horn switch should already be ground.

The brown wire is the same one that carries 12V to lots of places. The pink wire runs to the horn switch. They both connect to the horn itself. When you press the horn button, current goes from the brown wire, through the horn, up through the pink wire and through the closed horn switch to ground. Does that help? The other side of the horn switch should already be ground.
Yes. Now where do I splice the wires from to attach to the horn?

I would find the spot where you originally clipped them off from. They come out of the harness up around the coil or coils.

That sounds like the logical place to make the connection. Before I do something like this I often run through my head how would I logically defend my choice, if I was to choose it, against all other possible choices, if somebody challenged my choice. Don't know if I somehow got trained to do that or if I'm just nuts...

Back