I'm a finalist! Maybe I could get a few of you to give me a vote?

Wordman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Had to write a line based on a photo for Writer's Digest contest. Out of 400 some entries, I'm 1 of 12 finalists.

If you might be inclined to give me a vote, mine is #9 "He turned, but only saw the empty aisles, canned goods stacked in neat rows, bags of chips, a cooler full of ice cream; she was gone."

https://www.writersdigest.com/wd-competitions/your-story-116

Too late for another entry I suppose....

I'm lookin' at all these shelves and all that's goin' through my head is Springsteen's "57 channels and nothin' on."

So what do you win if you do win? If it's gobs of money how much you going to offer me for my vote?

I'm waiting for the machine shop to tell me how much the valve job on the Sporty is going to be, they did say they had to order two new intake valves!

And I just had a flash back to this:

So what do you win if you do win? If it's gobs of money how much you going to offer me for my vote?

I'm waiting for the machine shop to tell me how much the valve job on the Sporty is going to be, they did say they had to order two new intake valves!

I don't remember, actually. I entered because I saw the photo and the line came to me.

It would make a good "Dark and Stormy Night" thread.

He began looking under the shelves for her, in hopes he could entice her out with a piece of cheese again.

Or better: "I'm a patsy", she had yelled to reporters as the authorities whisked her away.

First thing I thought of
No 9 has my vote

If it was publisher clearing house I'd be doubtful
Without Ed McMahon around they might be running a pretty loose ship

Wow ! How did you make out with your contest, Wordman ?

Your quote paints a true picture many of us can relate to....... it's funny but things we have loved and all our great memories never really go away. ( includes girls and motorcycles)

Oh yea Good morning !

Wow ! How did you make out with your contest, Wordman ?
Looks like he won! :)
7A5F1947-CBB7-4B47-8371-165108847E25.png

Back