I'm somwehat moved into my new shop

Sonnylynnvick75

XS650 Young Gun
Reaction score
If you read my thread last week, I took a hiatus from all forums. My grandfather who was my best friend and bike mentor commited suicide. As his only grandson he left me his house, fully paid for, with a basement garage as well as a fully stocked 1200 sq foot garage. I remodeled the house and finally over the last couple of weeks have started moving into the garage. It is somewhat messy as I'm trying to get everything where I want it but here are some pictures of my shop and tools:
IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3696.jpg
    IMG_3696.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 199
Hi Sonny,
nice shop, lousy circumstances, accept my commiserations.
Your profile sez AutoCAD operator, me too before I retired, but when I started drafting we were still making major layouts in ink on linen.
Back then we were chopping our rigid framed bikes to add rear suspension.

Sucks about what happened... But he sounds like a rad dude...

Make him proud! Space looks dope!

He was definitely a rad dude, used to build dragbikes in the 80s and 90s and was one of the first people to really make nitrous work on dragbikes. He actually built a gs1150 for my dad that was bored over to a 1397 with dual stage nitrous and ran a 9" car tire on the rear. ran 5 flat in the 1/8th mile. and finished 3rd in the world championships.

Sonny he must have loved you dearly. Great shop. Make him proud to honor him by contin uing the building of bikes.

Sonny sorry to hear about your loss and if I can ask what was his name I may have raced against him or your dad. I raced GS1100 in STOCK SUPER STOCK PRO MOD and OUTLAW. I am very lucky to have met some really cool people in that world and raced up and down the east coast for 26 yrs. It blows my mind how nice complete strangers were in the racing circle. There were a bunch of us that all raced under the same NAME back then and we at one point held 14 records. We ran under the 20th CENTURY RACING name.
First think that I would do is build one hell of a bike in your grandfathers name.
BE GOOD AND VERY NICE SHOP
Rich

the trike was his? trike bikes are tricky. enjoy it. Don't take the sign off the door. say good night to it everytime you leave.
The equipment you pictured will last many lifetimes. even the rusty-chucked drill press.
Is the whole under house open? pretty cool. Just keep up on the property taxes. my mother in law lost a house fully paid because she didn't pay property tax.

Evenmore- I used a motolana seat on my last 650 and was a little hesitant to buy it at first because it said it was shipping from Asia, even though the place I paid was in Nevada, but it should up in about a week which I was really surprised about, and it fit and looked great. I was pretty happy with it

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.....still want to know if that's whats on sonnys bike...looking for some photos for fit and looks...for reference. You don't have to post them to his thread here...don't want to hijack....but if you have some pics Id like to see them. The seats look good but Im not sure if its right for my build or not...deciding between a custom seat like this or customizing my own pan.

Again, please don't hijack his thread with pics for me... pm me or post to one of my threads...

Back