Inconsistent shifting

Perhaps needs clarifying
While rebuilding I bought a new shaft as the below. The old one had a little wear

1647042974415.png

And upon installing I found that the angle between the axle pointing 5 o clock and the 12 o clock was not
90 degrees on the new one .. it was larger
It had the effect that the top " Shark finned " part was to far out transversely and wanted to jump out looking as post
# 11
Since I had the old one the difference was obvious putting them side by side .
I don't remember exactly how and where i clamped it in the vice ... but I adjusted so the angle was right and
the " Shark Finned " part stayed inside

like that

1647043677674.png

instead of that

1647043745810.png

Perhaps needs clarifying
While rebuilding I bought a new shaft as the below. The old one had a little wear

View attachment 209507

And upon installing I found that the angle between the axle pointing 5 o clock and the 12 o clock was not
90 degrees on the new one .. it was larger
It had the effect that the top " Shark finned " part was to far out transversely and wanted to jump out looking as post
# 11
Since I had the old one the difference was obvious putting them side by side .
I don't remember exactly how and where i clamped it in the vice ... but I adjusted so the angle was right and
the " Shark Finned " part stayed inside

like that

View attachment 209509

instead of that

View attachment 209510
Ok Jan, now I understand what you did. I believe the “adjustment“ I made on mine will have resulted in the same end result, although my assembly wasn’t as far out as yours. Thanks for the clarification.

Back