INDYCAR is Back !!

YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Life is beginning to feel a bit more normal, and exciting ! . . Indycar is back ! Tomorrow night at 8pm on network TV (NBC) the Genesys 300 will be running from Texas Motor Speedway.

There will be a 19 year old rookie joining the frackus, Rinus VeeKay of Ed Carpenter Racing.

I can't wait. Got lots of popcorn.:popcorn:

INdycar.jpg

Ahhhh back to smog and burning rubber......

Gonna be a one eyed Kiwl here.........Follow Scott Dixon, and he would have helped NZ's following of the sport. Hope he gets the Championships wins needed to become a joint Indycar winner at least.............Considered to be a great now just need a couple more to be the best.......Curious to know how US fans rate him.

This is the guy to watch out for...........Supposed to have a race later this year but the virus thing has probably changed that
https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news/motorsport/scott-mclaughlin-indycar-test-video
https://www.teampenske.com/drivers/index.cfm/4414/Scott_McLaughlin

Dixon is regarded and respected as "The Iceman,"
and a workman. Gets the job done. Period.
Rarely flustered by anything
images

Well-respected here in the US, but not particularly well-liked.
Former racer and commentator Paul Tracy goes out of his way to mention that.

Australian-born Leigh Diffey
220px-Leigh_Diffey_Pocono_2018.jpg
is more kind to him.

Let's face it, there are some more exciting drivers to follow:

536cbfc3ed2c9e02ac3d8c999c75a64c.jpg

Dixon in the cockpit:

When I raced a new, complex track (like Shannonville, in Canada), I always made a drawing of the track layout and taped it to the center of my steering wheel. Most of my fellow drivers chuckled. Check out what Scott has on his wheel.

The Honda engine:

Last edited:
Interesting..........why don't they like him, not flashy enough??, or is it he isn't American winning in a US sport.??

2018 they made a 1 1/2 hour documentary, (Born racer), on Dixon. Some early footage, (carts), and interviews with his father when he was very young and it followed him through the 2017 series. Born racer..........I pirated it so don't think it will be on Utube, if you get a chance to see it. Gets right into who he is and what he stands for........not flashy just a down to earth home body

I think its the Flashy Factor, both on and off the road.
On the track, he doesn't take many risks; he's "workmanlike".

"Workmanlike" that's him.......yet when he gets dropped back in a race 12th or lower even, he gets back into the top 3 or 2 real quick. that "workman" label, is understated when you see how race's under pressure, just doesn't seem to be racing hard.

Yeah, I am a Dixon fan for obvious reasons. Don't watch the roundabout tracks, boring, but may record this one to have a look at the new car. IndyCar seems to like too many yellow flags and pace cars, why, to manipulate the race to get Rogers boys to the front. These guys are supposed to be pro drivers, but sometimes I wonder if that is true. In Scotts case it is, he is one of the best out there. He has made a few bone head moves, but always owns up to it, unlike some others that blame anyone but themselves. I am interested to se if Mclaughlin makes it to the Indy series this year. Maybe, if he can bring a boat load of dollars with him. Ok IndyCar, lets see what you can do this season. Don't screw it up.

Entertaining race.
Next up: Two road courses, Indy and Road America, the latter which is a favorite of mine.

03425ec0c53b6c9b7c5dfb66fe9b9986.jpg

I still like auto racing. I liked it a lot better when it was more in the hands of the driver and less in the hand of engineers. Loved watching Bristol, didn't watch Atlanta this week. Much prefer a drivers track.

Don't have a TV so no watching live or a rerun..........Use utube for my viewing........Yea the technology has made F1 a joke............At lest Indycars have close racing and that is where Scott prevails because he knows that if his car is not competitive, (winning) then he will use his skill as a driver to get the best result, and in indycars that can happen.............

I think NASCAR may have found a good thing with races on Wednesday nights. I like them.

There was an era of NASCAR when I was truly engaged in that series.
When the drivers turned wrenches on their own cars.
When I found Geoff Bodine (local central New York hero) in the pits at Stafford Speedway in Connecticut,
he didn't just autograph my ticket stub, he stopped to exchange impressions of what it is like to get behind the wheel of a car.

upload_2020-6-7_21-13-16.jpeg

...and then there was Alan Kulwicki, who designed his own car, whose accomplishments are unrivaled to this day, IMHO.

340?cb=20170911005451.jpg

kwn-e1548883927131.jpg

Back