Inlet manifolds for BS34 carbs

Grewth

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've got a set of pattern inlet manifolds for my 650 Special, they came very cheap from China IIRC.
They work OK once you can actually manage to force the carbs into them, I've had to resort to using a piece of wood as a lever (against the frame tube behind the carbs) in order to force the carbs home, and even then, there seems to be a mis-match between the depth of the recess in the manifolds and the carb bodies, not quite deep enough by the looks of it.
OK, so I can mount the carbs and it runs well enough, but I'm not really happy with the manifolds.
Are there any better pattern ones out there ?
Or am I going to have to source genuine Yamaha items ?

Look for ARS brand manifolds. They supplied Yamaha. There are a few aftermarket suppliers that sell them. They will have "ARS" clearly stamped on them.

Thankyou both !
I totally forgot to read through the tech section again, my apologies.
I'm gonna write down "ARS" somewhere where I won't erase it or loose it.
If it hasn't got ARS stamped on them, I won't be buying.

It's the same company that supplied most of the oil seals as well. Here you can see what their trademark ARS label looks like .....

CrankSeal.jpg

PushrodSeal.jpg

Many thanks !
I've just been looking on eBay UK and the Tour Max branded ones seem to carry the "Ars" logo although it's hard to make out in the photos.
Obviously more expensive than the Chinese ones but well worth the extra money.
A good result from this post for me, now that I know exactly what to look for.

Right, ARS mounts are sold under the Tour Max label. A manifold blends two or more tracts into one, so why do we keep using the term for single tract carb mounts? I had to train myself to stop doing that and still slip up from time to time!

Back