Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

View attachment 214867

Saw this at the grocery store today. Might be my next ride...

650 Bergman with an after market set of "training wheels" according to the feller that rides it. He's not a lot older than me but said he wasn't comfortable on big cruisers any more and this beat not riding.

Gotta respect a guy that knows when to switch things up instead of flexing the ego and getting hurt.

1653614340395.png

Don't know what that bike is but I recall back in 1976, or it mighta been 1977, was in a motorbike shop in Galashiels and they had Mick Grant's Kawasaki KR750 triple racer, the Green Meanie, on which he had a month or two earlier been clocked at 191mph on the Isle of Man. A record high speed at that time. Helped the shopkeeper push it out to join the row of bikes in the road. As an impressionable yoof I was gobsmacked that here was that self-same bike and I had actually touched it.

Don't know what that bike is but I recall back in 1976, or it mighta been 1977, was in a motorbike shop in Galashiels and they had Mick Grant's Kawasaki KR750 triple racer, the Green Meanie, on which he had a month or two earlier been clocked at 191mph on the Isle of Man. A record high speed at that time. Helped the shopkeeper push it out to join the row of bikes in the road. As an impressionable yoof I was gobsmacked that here was that self-same bike and I had actually touched it.
I love the old Kawi triples. They were beasts!

Two of my brothers owned several triples each and crashed them often.

How do I put the pin back in this hand grenade?

Road America circa 1982; me on a CB900F "other guy" H2 with goldwing forks n brakes grafted on :yikes:
He'd blow by me every straight, I'd repass every corner. Til he decided F-it I can corner too.
last time I saw him he was highsiding a bad wobble out into the toolies.

How do I put the pin back in this hand grenade?

Road America circa 1982; me on a CB900F "other guy" H2 with goldwing forks n brakes grafted on :yikes:
He'd blow by me every straight, I'd repass every corner. Til he decided F-it I can corner too.
last time I saw him he was highsiding a bad wobble out into the toolies.
I bet that CB900 was a sweetheart. I rode own of brother's H1s. Stock and with pipes, jetting and new clutch springs. Either way you need to be pointed in the direction you want to go BEFORE you get on the pipe.

I bet that CB900 was a sweetheart. I rode own of brother's H1s. Stock and with pipes, jetting and new clutch springs. Either way you need to be pointed in the direction you want to go BEFORE you get on the pipe.
But Kawasaki made up for the ill handling with even worse brakes.

Back