Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Friend of mine just got this for $500 and asked if I could get in running. Fresh gas in the tank, some new plugs, lubed all the cables,cleaned the points and it started on the second kick. The front brake wasn't working but after pulling some fresh fluid through with the vacuum bleeder got it working. Off he went for a ride and came back all smiles.
IMG_20240609_113025188_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240609_120314553_HDR.jpg

Friend of mine just got this for $500 and asked if I could get in running. Fresh gas in the tank, some new plugs, lubed all the cables,cleaned the points and it started on the second kick. The front brake wasn't working but after pulling some fresh fluid through with the vacuum bleeder got it working. Off he went for a ride and came back all smiles.View attachment 328127View attachment 328128
Would your friend like to double his investment? LOL!

Friend of mine just got this for $500 and asked if I could get in running. Fresh gas in the tank, some new plugs, lubed all the cables,cleaned the points and it started on the second kick. The front brake wasn't working but after pulling some fresh fluid through with the vacuum bleeder got it working. Off he went for a ride and came back all smiles.View attachment 328127View attachment 328128

What clueless person let that go for $500 !!!???
Alison Brie What GIF

What major deal! Can’t wait to restore the 73 I have.

Jeebus! And I thought today's mufflers were ugly. Pretty airplane tho.
If I'm not mistaken, that's the (in)famous Brooklands can.

The Brooklands banked circuit was one of Britain's premiere motorsport venues before WW2 but local residents complained about the noise so the can was devised to silence (?) the protests - all competitors had to use the same standard fitment so it became a styling icon of the 1930s.

Back