Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Anyone remember Kookie the Wonder Dog?

Kookie the Wonder Dog circa 1973. (1).jpg

3 months ago today I was finding pics that didn't belong in "Show me the XS" and didn't fit tits "Babes bikes...". Since then each of you has shared pics showing your interest in M/C history. Each and every contribution has enriched us all or caused us to jog our memory. All in a positive way. Some are trips down memory lane, others are new discoveries. Thank you to all for embracing this format.

Well then, still on ISDT. I'm proud to have known and raced with this guy: Rod Bush. He and his dad had a little Penton dealership just a few miles from my house in the early 1970's. Multiple time ISDT participant, 1975 Gold Medalist ISDT, KTM President '87 until his early passing in '09, AMA Hall of Fame 2012.
rodbush250penton-isdt1975.png

3 months ago today I was finding pics that didn't belong in "Show me the XS" and didn't fit tits "Babes bikes...". Since then each of you has shared pics showing your interest in M/C history. Each and every contribution has enriched us all or caused us to jog our memory. All in a positive way. Some are trips down memory lane, others are new discoveries. Thank you to all for embracing this format.
Perhaps we should have a thread about Historic Racers?
Bring this one back to unusual bikes.

Thank you for starting a thread that even a lurker like me can contribute to as I'm no expert on the XS. At this time in my life, it is my happy place. lol

I grew up riding dirt bikes in the Arizona desert, so it was pretty natural for me to be interested in off road racing. I was always intrigued by the Baja 500 and 1000 races. I was looking for interesting articles when I came across this, I thought it was pretty impressive. This woman ( age unknown ) is Liz Karcz, her real job is being a full time ICU nurse. In 2018 she competed and finished in all the Score International Races. Culminating in the Baja 1000, where she rode in the Ironman class, meaning she was a solo rider, no teammates. She became only the second woman ever to finish the Baja 1000 on a motorcycle. Kudos Liz!

https://www.babesinthedirt.com/blog/2018/12/5/iron-woman-elizabeth-karcz-and-the-baja-1000

RaceLocationDescription
San Felipe 250San Felipe, Baja California, MexicoOne loop, approximately 250 miles
Baja 500Ensenada, Baja California, MexicoOne loop, approximately 500 miles
Baja 400Ensenada, Baja California, MexicoOne loop, approximately 400 miles
Baja 1000Ensenada, Baja California, MexicoOne loop, approximately 1,000 miles
4A3D65BF-CE49-4E44-BA62-82EB8AE7949D.jpegB696BDA1-E8EB-4FCA-B903-C812BB7D848C.jpeg8B6EECDF-1221-4AE5-8ABE-F7E4A81CE9E1.jpeg080CB54B-D52E-49C3-9580-00DCF59F45F6.jpeg

Back