Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

mick71b

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
untitled.png

teamWicked

Amatuer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Early on some cars featured "Von Dutch" pinstriping. 82, 83, or 84 I went to Laguna Seca for a USGP (or Formula 750 when US had 750 2 strokes and GP was 500) Von Dutch had the hotel room next to mine. I didn't know then. He had a 50's slab side tank leading link BMW with subtle perfect black pinstripes on OD green and a VW 1600cc engine.Very cool.

jpdevol

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I apologize for not a single "Motorcycles other than XS650" here. I had forgotten Peterson Publishing and the hours I spent reading many of their offerings.
Grade school library in the '60's - Hot Rod caught my attention: gearhead ever since!

Same library - I vividly remember the librarian's consternation (embarrassed, flustered, all-the-above) when the first issue of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition was found (by me) in the "periodicals" rack. OMG!

Raymond

likes to play with old motorbikes
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I love Metisse bikes. What engine is that?
That is their in-house engine, Metisse's own design, hand built for them by some F1 engine supplier outfit IIRC. Problem they faced was, the supply of old Triumph 650s to rebuild and slot in was drying up.

I believe you can go and have a meeting with Metisse - new owner Gerry Lisi - sort out the spec and options, they will then build your bike to order and give you very little change or none at all out of £18,000