Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Following @gggGary behemoth GTS1000.
How about this tiddler that was once the desire of many a youth in my day

FS1E.PNG

Asking £9,000.00.....Yikes!

Which do you prefer?
Well, I don't think you'll be too surprised that it's the old 'un.

Got to admit, the Domiracer is a very good pastiche. In fact, pastiche is not the right word, perhaps replica? Would make a fabulous prize in a raffle, and if I won it, would be great to have in the garage. Even at that, would probably sell it 'coz I don't need that performance or that riding position.

"Second hand Domiracer, registered but not used, unwanted raffle prize, delivery mileage only, available now, a unique opportunity to own this handmade modern café racer, sensible offers only . . ."

I wasn’t aware of this bikes existence, The Suzuki SP370, Suzuki’s first four stroke single, it was a two year only model. It got pretty good reviews back when it was made, even though it didn’t have a lot of power, it was a pretty good dual sport bike. It was lighter and easier to handle as a dirt bike than Yamaha’s XT500, but it was roughly the same price.
BC8A6C42-1480-4CB5-98E5-A633799A83F3.jpegEACA4859-AADA-4554-A8B6-079A2558E380.jpeg76017318-29B3-4085-A580-58FB6F843500.jpeg

This just came up for sale near Phoenix, it’s been in the same family since new and it sure looks well cared for, probably as nice an example as you’d ever find.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/d/fountain-hills-suzuki-dp-370/7535432229.html
9245187B-94B6-4B97-8DD0-C0740985E338.jpeg

I wasn’t aware of this bikes existence, The Suzuki SP370, Suzuki’s first four stroke single, it was a two year only model.
I had an '81 SP500 and it was one of my favorite bikes ever. PE400 shocks bolted on and made it much better. Tiny fuel tank though.
bikepics-412571-full.jpg

I wasn’t aware of this bikes existence, The Suzuki SP370, Suzuki’s first four stroke single, it was a two year only model.
Can't remember how long they were around on the UK market but I really fancied one. Loved the look, the red colour, the slim tank. Bought an SR500 instead, a much more practical bike, but still read up whenever I se the SP mentioned. Apparently, not quite all I hoped - a bit too heavy, a bit underpowered, don't stay tidy after a couple of winters and there are bits that break.

Mind you, the winters thing don't apply in Arizona and that one looks to have been kept in lovely condition - go on, go on, you know you want to.

Back