Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

CUSTOM GOODNESS
A few custom beauties worth a look.
Check out the wheels on the Praga W800; tensioned carbon with drum hubs!
Read all here: https://www.bikeexif.com/motorcycle...EAD, FEBRUARY 12, 2023&utm_campaign=BEX230216

PRAGA 800.PNG

KWAK W800 BASED CUSTOM LOOK AT THE WHEELS!

GUZZI CUSTOM.PNG

Nice GUZZI custom

KWAK 750 CUSTOM.PNG

KRACKING KWAKA 750 custom

Careful what you wish for....
Having ridden an 1190 Buell, crudely hammered into the riding position the Buell "Super Cruiser" shows, a 175HP 450lb street bike is more often a burden than a joy.
DSCN0257.JPG
sez the guy that recently made an offer on an 1125CR......................:rolleyes:

A couple of rotary powered bikes. I've seen a few Hercules over the years and even rode one a long time ago. I've only seen one Van Veen and I did get to hear it run.View attachment 235792View attachment 235793
Well that Van Veen is a new one to me, I had never heard of it. It looks to be a very well engineered bike. So many Rotary bikes just look odd, but this one has a very nicely finished and proportionate appearance. Sounds pretty good too!

A couple of rotary powered bikes. I've seen a few Hercules over the years and even rode one a long time ago. I've only seen one Van Veen and I did get to hear it run.View attachment 235792View attachment 235793
I love a rotary engines and have run a few Mazda Rotary engine cars.
But the bikes are mostly quite ugly in my opinion. Exception maybe the Norton?
r.PNG

My first encounter with a rotary engine was in the 70's and it was in a snowmobile.
My Dad sold Arctic Cat snowmobiles in the late 60s to the early 80s. Sold many with the Wankle engine. Very good engine at the time if you were not into performance. No vibration. You could literally set a glass of water on a idling engine and see no ripples. The down side was performance. Good low end torque especially with the Salisbury clutch set up. Just no top end. They would go 67 mph on flat ground, up hill, down hill or if you dropped them out of a airplane. 67 was it.

I was familiar with Wankle engines in the early 70’s. Those that powered RC airplanes. If my memory is correct the Wankle made the same power as a 2-stroke piston that had 1.5 times the displacement. I don’t recall the disadvantages as I was just a kid with U-control toys.

Back