Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Saw this one this weekend on Bikexif. It's a sexy machine.

1651499561799.png

Saw this one this weekend on Bikexif. It's a sexy machine.

View attachment 213507
Now that is a Norvin - an almost legendary British shed-built special. Whereas the Triton was commonplace back in the 60 - the powerful Triumph 650 engine in a Norton Featherbed frame - the Norvin is much rarer. Partly because a lot more work is needed to shoehorn the 1000cc Vee into the featherbed frame, but perhaps more because snagging a Vincent engine would cost more that yer average Rocker could afford.

You might be aware of Bike magazine? There was a long-running comic strip by Paul Sample inside the back cover starring Ogri, a true Rocker hero, and his ride was a Norvin. Crobba-Crobb.

Last edited:

Slowest cornering in Motorcycling history on a race bike
A London Double Decker bus would make it quicker .
Ok Ok Ok I know it is a motorcycle one don't want to put on its side or smash up
Making a name for oneself doing that.
Can also have a narrow dangerous .. power band Nothing ... nothing ... nothing and then Ballistic
But the slightest competence on the mechanic it is setup barely run at all under 10 000 pm
don't know the actual figures on this one . But a race bike is setup so and on 6 carburetors it is not possible get low end torque
So with not opening up the throttle driving it as a granny would .. Not surprising that the bike stalls
And the mechanic swearing tearing his hair needing to take the sooty black plugs out again.

Does not look as an experienced rider

Slowest cornering in Motorcycling history on a race bike
A London Double Decker bus would make it quicker .
Ok Ok Ok I know it is a motorcycle one don't want to put on its side or smash up
Making a name for oneself doing that.
Can also have a narrow dangerous .. power band Nothing ... nothing ... nothing and then Ballistic
But the slightest competence on the mechanic it is setup barely run at all under 10 000 pm
don't know the actual figures on this one . But a race bike is setup so and on 6 carburetors it is not possible get low end torque
So with not opening up the throttle driving it as a granny would .. Not surprising that the bike stalls
And the mechanic swearing tearing his hair needing to take the sooty black plugs out again.

Does not look as an experienced rider
I would guess the rider paid dearly$ for that ride. I put this up just for the sweet sound. There are other HRC 5 and 6 cylinder vids and it is all about the sound IMHO. Think about this though. If a race tuned motor has a power band of only the last 10% of it's Rev range, a 18000-20000 redline has a pretty wide powerband.

Now that was a cult bike! Don't think many were sold? Back in the day, I read every report I could find on the Laverda 500 Montjuic. Fantasised about buying one but always new it was better kept as a fantasy.
Kept as a fantasy? Now you sound like my wife!

@Raymond

It's not a montjuic, it's a SFC later version as it has already mag wheels and front disc brake.
Occasionally one can find them still for sale but they are by now already quite pricey.
Imho nice bikes but any nicely prepped round head tonti framed Guzzi does circles around em.

Kind regards Christian

That place is awesome. I love the way it's laid out.
:agree: I could be wrong, but I think most would find this museum a treat even if you weren't into motorcycles. Everything in there runs. Most of what's in there is restored keeping all of the patina in place. Much of the stuff is placed in such a way that you can examine it as if you were at a bike show or a parking lot. Employees go around starting stuff. Dale (RIP) himself on two occasions approached me and started conversation. Yeah, I love the place.

:agree: I could be wrong, but I think most would find this museum a treat even if you weren't into motorcycles. Everything in there runs. Most of what's in there is restored keeping all of the patina in place. Much of the stuff is placed in such a way that you can examine it as if you were at a bike show or a parking lot. Employees go around starting stuff. Dale (RIP) himself on two occasions approached me and started conversation. Yeah, I love the place.
I've even talked my wife into going this year.

Pics or it didn't happen
Only been once, will go back if I get a chance.
If you only knew how incompetent I am with tech things. I still have a land line. I couldn't load a picture if my life depended on it, in fact the digital camera I do have is my grand daughter's and when I want to download, I take it to Walmart. Heck, I don't even know where it (the camera) is. On the bright side, I'm a pretty good painter.

Back