Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Spent a large part of yesterday rereading the history of the invasion... just like I do every year.

Yeah... agree that it should be more front and center.
And not just us... England, Canada, France... the Poles... we all had a hand and paid dearly for that day.
Jim, I share your sentiments. I think someone on this sight aptly commented, "we live on the shoulders of giants"... Being former military the image was about the many ways and disciplines it took on D Day to achieve success. Yes, there were numerous nations united in this goal. D Day June 1944, VE early mid 1945 (?). Amazing and humbling and I have tears in my eyes thinking about it.

Last edited:
Egli Vincent - I think this one belongs to Prosper Keating?

Radical-Vincent.jpg

The TT is pretty much unknown in the US outside of the crotch rocket crowd .

In my 20's my goal was to be fast enough to ride in one of the jr formulas at the TT. Suffice to say I didn't get that fast.

Utube long after the fact is about all us non cable - satellite people get. I have over the years watched some absolutely terrifying on board footage

Thanks for sharing Jan .

Jim, I share your sentiments. I think someone on this sight aptly commented, "we live on the shoulders of giants"... Being former military the image was about the many ways and disciplines it took on D Day to achieve success. Yes, there were numerous nations united in this goal. D Day June 1944, VE early mid 1945 (?). Amazing and humbling and I have tears in my eyes thinking about it.
On a holiday in France my wife and I spent a day visiting the American Cemetery and museum overlooking the landing beaches.
Most moving day of my life. Made me feel so in debt to the young men and women who laid down their lives... Yes I cried openly.
It also filled me with hope for the future that World War would not happen again due to their selflessness.
If you ever get the chance to visit it is an awe inspiring place to be.

Now we have Putin trying to dissolve all my reserve from that wonderful visit experience.

Thank you to All WW11 service men and women, both past and those who survived.

Last edited:
I had a customer who became a friend who was a radioman on a PB-Y in the Pacific during the Battle of Midway. When he passed at 100, I looked around at his funeral and realized the only WWII vet there was him. He was in the Fleet Reserve and all of the others WWII vets in the Fleet Reserve in our area had passed. When that hit me I openly wept. They are almost all gone. God Bless them.
On a holiday in France my wife and I spent a day visiting the American Cemetery and museum overlooking the landing beaches.
Most moving day of my life. Made me feel so in debt to the young men and women who laid down their lives... Yes I cried openly.
It also filled me with hope for the future that World War would not happen again due to their selflessness.
If you every get the chance to visit it is an awe inspiring place to be.

Now we have Putin trying to dissolve all my reserve from that wonderful visit experience.

Thank you to All WW11 service men and women, both past and those who surviveI

I had a customer who became a friend who was a radioman on a PB-Y in the Pacific during the Battle of Midway. When he passed at 100, I looked around at his funeral and realized the only WWII vet there was him. He was in the Fleet Reserve and all of the others WWII vets in the Fleet Reserve in our area had passed. When that hit me I openly wept. They are almost all gone. God Bless them.
Each year we loose more of those who served. They are precious reminders we should cherish as they survive; and respect when they are gone.........But never forgotten..

The title "Greatest Generation" well earned and deserved.
Speaking of red, white & blue - I got my old RD out for the first time this season. Ran great!
20220610_175207.jpg

Attachments

• 20220610_175139.jpg
    20220610_175139.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 42
That is one sweet ride you've got there. I've always thought the Suzuki triple were underrated.
It's a pleasant ride. Kinda zippy, but not what you'd call fast. Certainly not by modern standards.
The best part is riding by the EPA office with one finger raised high, leaving a trail of blue smoke!

Beautiful! I have a '74 GT380, love the old 2 smokes! Needs some TLC which I hope it will be getting soon View attachment 216263
I had a friend at Nellis AFB in the early 80's that had one. I would ride my '60 R-69 with him around Las Vegas.
As a Boy Scout in the late 60's and early 70's I would hear the other scouts at summer camp bragging about their troop leader served with Gen Patton or "my dad flew Mustangs in WWII". My first Scoutmaster was an Army Sniper during the war. His son would not let us forget it either. I used to cut the grass for a fighter/ferry pilot and an army cook in the neighborhood. OH, the stories they would tell. One became a GP Doctor with his GI Bill and the other went into Retail sales.

Back