Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Lol! 250k km on my friends R60/7. To be fair, it has been meticulously maintained and gently ridden it's whole life.View attachment 220352
Well I can't match or beat that but How about a 1988 Sportster with 117,975 mile(189,862KM)? Also note that approximately 102,000 was with it pulling one of the two sidecars it had over it's life.
1988with sidecar.jpg

Can't claim it never had a failure but only time heads have been off it was when it was bored out to a 1200 from 883 at around 32,000 miles. Wish I could say the same for clutch, transmission and alternator magnets/stator!

This is the very motorcycle I special ordered, then later backed out of the deal when they said it could be 6 months before it came in.
The V7 Guzzi is a natural step for those who appreciate style, comfort and enough power to keep you interested. Then there's the sound - superb! I got mine Bob and she's sure good looking. The XS is in good company! Makes going for a ride a bit of an arm wrestle though.

1659146849994.png

Never owned a BMW, never really wanted one, but I appreciate the older ones so much more than the current offerings. This 1973 R75/5 would probably be my pick:

View attachment 220291

BeeEmm kind of peaked about then - seems quality and style went down hill since then. Just my personal opinion and says more about me than BMW.
Agree with you Raymond; probably why so many air-heads of this period are chosen for restomod creations.

My dad had an a 1953 Ariel square four he bought new with windscreen and sidecar fitted. Some of my earliest memories are riding in that sidecar, he would take his seven children to school in two trips. Got me and my three brothers hooked on bikes.

Back