Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Were the engines made in house?
From the article I linked above....

"As the Ossa importer, John Taylor was able to use his connections at Ossa to have them modify a twin-cylinder 460cc Ossa road race engine, designed by Eduardo Giro, into a 488cc dirt bike engine by mating two 250cc Ossa Pioneer top-ends, including the pistons, cylinders and heads, onto a unified two-cylinder engine case. The engine had a bore and stroke of 72mm by 60mm and two 24mm IRZ 4G dual-needle carbs. The result was an engine that could be used as a twin or a twingle."

I know very little about it except vague memories of 70s cycle magazines. I am hoping to see it in person and maybe help a little on the project.
Ditto. I have some vague memory of something unusual about the motor. Was it simultaneous fire?

There's one at barber museum,
I remember an magazine article back in the day, not sure if it was a promotional effort but two guys rode two of them up the Can-Alaskan Hwy and back. Pretty interesting trip, only major issue I recall was fractured chassis that had to be rewelded

1660743903071.png

Those K75 BMW's were highly under rated, handled better than the K1200, ran well. Considered buying one at a point that I was finally making enough money only to discover they had been discontinued.

Yeah, me too! I’ve always liked them, they come up for sale pretty frequently here in the Phoenix area. You ever hear one run? They have a very nice exhaust note.

Those K75 BMW's were highly under rated, handled better than the K1200, ran well. Considered buying one at a point that I was finally making enough money only to discover they had been discontinued.
I had a chance to take a short demo ride on a K75 back when, for a short time, the local Harley dealer was also a BMW dealer. Harley apparently put a stop to that!

Same day I also to a ride on a K100. Where the K75 was as smooth as an electric motor the K100 was a bit on the buzzy side. I really don't think the BMW rep liked my reply when asked how I liked the K100. I said it reminded me of the RD400 I use to ride work, with the buzzy stuff! And this was from a guy whose "good" bike was a 1988 Sportster with a sidecar!

Back