Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

On the theme
hogslayer.jpg

T C Christianson's Hogslayer
With 2 Norton motors, it ruled drag racing in the mid 70's.
The twin engined bike is the record breaker and is in a museum in England.
Met TC and visted his shop Sunset Motors in Kenosha WI in my first Norton era, the triple was in the shop then

Last edited:
Flew control line model airplanes as kid, they ran on a nitromethane castroil mix an odor you don't forget!
I had one of those too! You are right on about that smell! I used to fly it with my Grandma in a public park in Toronto probably about 1975. You would never get away with that now in that same park I bet! Around and round in a circle...
Must have been part of the gearhead modeling I went through as a kid.

I wonder how many kids lost a finger trying to start those little engines!?

I had one of those too! You are right on about that smell! I used to fly it with my Grandma in a public park in Toronto probably about 1975. You would never get away with that now in that same park I bet! Around and round in a circle...
Must have been part of the gearhead modeling I went through as a kid.

I wonder how many kids lost a finger trying to start those little engines!?
Use the spring...

Late 50's had a second-hand Prop-Rod (of sorts) car, . Same idea as a control line model airplane but ground based. DAD tethered it to a solid iron block on a piece of fishing line IIRC? Attached a dry cell battery to the glow plug, spun the prop (WenMac?), engine fired and put the car on the ground ready to watch it make laps. Well, the engine had fired backward! DAD was involved in impromptu "jump rope" until gas supply was exhausted... What a memory!...................And 10-4 on the smell of that fuel!..........

Back