Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

1674661036342.png

Very cute little bike. I've long found the Grom concept attractive. But then I did the thought experiment of trying to picture myself on that custom version. And unfortunately, it was clear that at my age, I'd look

a right tit.
Age sure will change your perspective, won't it?

That too, but I was more thinking of the perspective of any bystander to the spectacle I'd be making of meself.
But just think, you would be making someone laugh, therefore making their day. Think about their conversation at supper "You ain't gonna' believe what I saw today!".

There is klitsch like this with it's decades old sexism which is humorous for it's klitchyness (is that a word?)
View attachment 213068
I remember the college days (early 60s) when Vespa was the rage in Karachi (alongside the Triumph Tiger Cub) and everyone trying to get a copy of the coveted Vespa calendar..... very few succeeded, of course, since older guys already working had more 'connections' and the limited stock was soon depleted.

One of my brothers had an early 1000cc Katana. My first time on a liter bike. I was power sliding in around town corners. Impressive. He left a few days later to ride to Colorado from Wisconsin. Checked into a motel for much needed sleep. Woke up the next morning and it was gone.:mad:
Sad. I hate bike thieves. Well, generally all crooks. It really hurts when your bike is stolen because you are so connected to it as not to your other machines. I feel like it's 2 heartbeats in synchro when I'm cruising in the countryside. The sound of a 4 stroke bike engine has a beat (like bass drums) that blends in with your heartbeat while lost in the moment - nothing else is real, except you and your bike and the cool wind on your face.

One of my brothers had an early 1000cc Katana. My first time on a liter bike. I was power sliding in around town corners. Impressive. He left a few days later to ride to Colorado from Wisconsin. Checked into a motel for much needed sleep. Woke up the next morning and it was gone.:mad:
I'd heard of several people over the years, taking their bikes into the room in a fleabag motel.

I'd heard of several people over the years, taking their bikes into the room in a fleabag motel.
I generally stay away from fleabag motels! On a couple occasions like the time wife and I were up in Nova Scotia. While staying at a hotel in Yarmouth when the person at the counter checking us in learned we were on the sidecar they had us move the outfit up on the sidewalk so they could see it from the desk and keep an eye on it for us!

Makes a lot of sense in retrospect.

I generally stay away from fleabag motels! On a couple occasions like the time wife and I were up in Nova Scotia. While staying at a hotel in Yarmouth when the person at the counter checking us in learned we were on the sidecar they had us move the outfit up on the sidewalk so they could see it from the desk and keep an eye on it for us!
We were younger, more innocent, and more trusting in those days. We do learn from our experiences. I would never leave those years behind, but, I chain my bike to the trailer when I am traveling.

Back