Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

1684527570747.png

Apologies for OT (and hope it's not a serious violation of protocol)>

Old fella I knew in 1966 put one of these in a VW sedan, but in a scooter, it'd be very fun.
1684610726823.png
Nominal 72 hp and 100 ci. It's light enough to pick up with one hand, as I remember. McCulloch 4318. There was a dual ignition version too.

Best!

Last edited:

Old fella I knew in 1966 put one of these in a VW sedan, but in a scooter, it'd be very fun.
View attachment 243289 Nominal 72 hp and 100 ci. It's light enough to pick up with one hand, as I remember. McCulloch 4318. There was a dual ignition version too.

Best!
Early Bensen gyroplanes used that motor... with good success too.

1684614787280.png

1684614864476.png

View attachment 243289 Nominal 72 hp and 100 ci. It's light enough to pick up with one hand, as I remember. McCulloch 4318. There was a dual ignition version too.

Best!
Wasn't that McCulloch original used as power for a target drone?

Wasn't that McCulloch original used as power for a target drone?
Yes, at least some were used in target drones. Sold to Radioplane Company (Reginald Denny the actor started R Plane in Burbank. Marylin Monroe worked there, btw). My old friend who had one he put in a VW, found it in the Arizona desert, in a crashed target... Statute of limitations long past... and anyway he was old school, born in 19th century - finders keepers. The US has, ah..."changed" since then. People are all ready to drop a dime on each other. Not good.

Best!
No protocol, just technical interest of a gearhead type. This is what interests us, us being guys who like 50 year old motorcycles. Motors gears, related... Nobody minds thread drift... Cheers

Back