Interesting Posts Today

Shows what a bunch of bastards humanity is, killing those things for commerce.
Knowing what we know today, yes. But in the pre petroleum world, it was the most effective way to make artificial light. At that point in history, most people probably never gave thought to the survival of other species as most people were just trying to survive themselves. Yes, many merchants became wealthy, but the average person employed in the whaling industry were just trying to get by. Thankfully we have learned from mistakes of the past.

Knowing what we know today, yes. But in the pre petroleum world, it was the most effective way to make artificial light. At that point in history, most people probably never gave thought to the survival of other species as most people were just trying to survive themselves. Yes, many merchants became wealthy, but the average person employed in the whaling industry were just trying to get by. Thankfully we have learned from mistakes of the past.
Well said 46th, we learn as we go.
Sadly some still put money / fame/ fortune / power first.

Great image tho’ and thanks for sharing

Now it is still done in the name of ...................

1659048104276.png
1659048167228.png

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/japanese-whaling-down-not-out

Tell it to the Japanese. We quit doing it in the west 100 years ago. I know people that get all pissed off about deer hunting although I'm not trying to equate the two as the deer herds are carefully managed. In the U.S., in my lifetime ( I'm 63) we've watched the American Alligaton go from being nearly extinct to now being in such large #'s that we have to harvest them. As a child, wild turkeys in N. Fla. were a rare sight. Now you damned near trip over them. Using natural resources wisely, as most in the west do, is the best way to manage the resources that we have been blessed with.

Sadly some still put money / fame/ fortune / power first.

This reminds me of something i read the other day.............

If a monkey in a zoo horded all the bananas from the other monkeys at feeding, scientists would study the monkeys behavior to look for reasons why.

When humans hord a bunch of money and don't share they are revered and get put on the cover of forbs magazine

This reminds me of something i read the other day.............

If a monkey in a zoo horded all the bananas from the other monkeys at feeding, scientists would study the monkeys behavior to look for reasons why.

When humans hord a bunch of money and don't share they are revered and get put on the cover of forbs magazine
Enjoy your idea of utopia. I deal with very wealthy people. When they use my services they are "sharing" their money. It's just that I have to provide value for that money. If I own the banana tree, I will sell or barter some of those banana's. I may give some to charities that I find worthy and I will eat my share. If you are able bodied and are able to work and you take my banana's, that is theft. Why should I give my labor to another? I bought the tree, planted the tree, watered it, pruned it and fertilized it. It's my tree. Making me labor for another without compensation is slavery, just like what the Chi-Coms are doing to the Uygers

Tell it to the Japanese. We quit doing it in the west 100 years ago. I know people that get all pissed off about deer hunting although I'm not trying to equate the two as the deer herds are carefully managed. In the U.S., in my lifetime ( I'm 63) we've watched the American Alligaton go from being nearly extinct to now being in such large #'s that we have to harvest them. As a child, wild turkeys in N. Fla. were a rare sight. Now you damned near trip over them. Using natural resources wisely, as most in the west do, is the best way to manage the resources that we have been blessed with.

Enjoy your idea of utopia. I deal with very wealthy people. When they use my services they are "sharing" their money. It's just that I have to provide value for that money. If I own the banana tree, I will sell or barter some of those banana's. I may give some to charities that I find worthy and I will eat my share. If you are able bodied and are able to work and you take my banana's, that is theft. Why should I give my labor to another? I bought the tree, planted the tree, watered it, pruned it and fertilized it. It's my tree. Making me labor for another without compensation is slavery, just like what the Chi-Coms are doing to the Uygers

Jeeez...............nothing personal aimed towards yourself but you do seem to be defensive about my posts...........Chill

I deal with very wealthy people. When they use my services they are "sharing" their money.
That's the way I see it. I get to dip their pockets .... err, charge a fair rate for my services.
If they simply sat on their money in the mattress, it wouldn't do anyone any good, so they tend to make use of it and it pays the wages of others directly or otherwise.
It's an imperfect system but it kinda works.
Otoh, there are some rich folk I wouldn't spit on, let alone do work for.

That's the way I see it. I get to dip their pockets .... err, charge a fair rate for my services.
If they simply sat on their money in the mattress, it wouldn't do anyone any good, so they tend to make use of it and it pays the wages of others directly or otherwise.
It's an imperfect system but it kinda works.
Otoh, there are some rich folk I wouldn't spit on, let alone do work for.
The system sucks but it's still the best one I've heard of, and yeah, there are a lot of people I won't do business with.

There's a lot here. This from a CNC software vender so has some references to machining.

“The production line was 1000% harder than designing the satellite. You need a tight feedback loop between design and manufacturing. In the beginning, you are building something you know is wrong in order to figure out how to build it properly.”

https://www.cnccookbook.com/7-elon-...=ORk/T17YJV7mwhcNSWEWOHwFoqDlMHNmyq65fGLdufk=

When you can make some time watch the video.

Truly, I admire his dedication and perseverence; his long-term goals and the means of getting there, for all of us.
When I was a kid reading SF, I'd think and wonder why humankind was so far away from making a better place out of the world and why we weren't pushing ahead with getting out to the other planets.
However...
I shall always think of him as an almighty asshole, after that 'paedo guy' remark he made during the Thai cave boys rescue.

Truly, I admire his dedication and perseverence; his long-term goals and the means of getting there, for all of us.
When I was a kid reading SF, I'd think and wonder why humankind was so far away from making a better place out of the world and why we weren't pushing ahead with getting out to the other planets.
However...
I shall always think of him as an almighty asshole, after that 'paedo guy' remark he made during the Thai cave boys rescue.
Yep it always gets me that some people can be so smart in some parts of their life then be total jerks the next minute.

Just one example I can think of Thomas Edison and the crap he pulled on Nikola Tesla. I'm sure Nikola Tesla had many personal problems too! Have to wonder what the two of them working together could have done for the world if they could have put egos aside and worked together.

Back