Intro 1975 xs650 Help?? lol

-13x-

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I'm Michael, I live in a small town in Ohio with my two kids and a desire to learn to build bikes! I bought a basket case Suzuki GS550 a little over a year ago just so I could have a bike of my own. Shortly after I purchased a ride-able 1990 Intruder VS750 so needless to say the GS550 still sits in boxes lol. I did some custom work on the VS750 and ride it all the time its just not the right bike to build imo.

On to the good stuff. I purchased an 8k mile 1975 XS650 (My first one!) last week with an electrical problem... I am, lets just say not so smart when it comes to wires. I'v been trying to figure it out and I feel as though everything is in a foreign language :confused: It has an electronic ignition on it already but I have no idea what brand. I have been looking threw the "Some wiring diagrams" in tech but have yet to figure out which one I should even use haha. Keep in mind this is all new to me, I'm learning as I go!

The day I brought her home!
Leftgot.jpg

Electronic Ignition
Electronicignition.jpg

Rightcoilign.jpg

Box on left side
Leftbox.jpg

My plan is to get her running and build a scrambler. I am looking at an '81 parts bike (no title) this weekend. I plan on running the 35mm front end and eventually using the spare motor in the bike while I Rephase, HHB PMA and Pamco ignition the motor that is currently in the bike. Those are future plans after I ride her for a while and make sure I like her.

Any info on what wiring diagram to use and what ignition I have would be greatly appreciated. I'm glad to be part of the site there seems to be loads of great information and great people!!

Hey fellow Ohioan. Welcome to the site. Not the best at electrical so I have no advice for you there. There are a few gurus around so I'm sure you will get the info you need. Good luck with your project and whatever you do, keep that seat. That shit is killer :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back