Inverted controls

Gcraay

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So, I’m thinking of doing inverted controls. But, and this is a juicy one. Has anyone ever installed them? Where does the clutch reservoir go! I’m assuming wired through the handlebars. Anything else you can add would be great.

Ah, thanks for the link Rustie. I had NO idea what he was talking about.
Inverted levers were pretty common on old Guzzi's and Beemers and look great on custom bikes but don't paly very well with hydraulics with out some Rube Goldberg type engineering. Hydro front brakes are easy enough as Guzzi actually did this with a remote cable op MC. But Hydro clutch is a different animal all together, you would need a cable op MC with more stroke than would probably be feasible.

These are nice, and they also have master cylinders.
https://www.custom-motorcycle-parts...tro-inverted-motorcycle-hand-controls-chrome/

Not sure how much custom work the OP wants to get involved with, but it definitely would look very neat & tidy if combined with a throttle with internal cable, and electric wiring inside the handlebar as well. Maybe easier to do with a 1" handlebar.
I'm not sure you could get the cable to pass through an internal throttle or mount one to an internal throttle since the whole bar end turns with an internal throttle. But it would look pretty cool if you could figure out how to.

I'm not sure you could get the cable to pass through an internal throttle or mount one to an internal throttle since the whole bar end turns with an internal throttle. But it would look pretty cool if you could figure out how to.
I am pretty sure it can be done, by milling a slot in the handlebar, and a " quick thread" inside the throttle sleeve. Then a pin from a tubular throttle pull slider inside the bar, that engages the "quick thread" groove.
Making something like that, would obviously require some engineering and machining skills, but is definitely possible.

I’m going to do a remote mount master cylinder like the BMW does. I’ve customized a bunch of the bike already. Running a Triumph gas tank and changed the handle bars. Along with a load of other items.
Thank you Hughes Handbuilt for the rephrase.

Back