Is this worth 1500?

KneesTuckedJ

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking to get this 75 xs650 for 1500… let me know what you guys think! Guy said it needs a good carb cleaning and that one of the carbs has a float and has to slightly tap the reservoir to get the carb float to balance out. Also need to o rings changed by the reservoir and petcock. How much would you guys offer?? Also it does run and everything
F39A2DF6-ECF3-48D7-BB18-E597572D3EF6.jpeg

Attachments

• 4D047813-E655-44BA-8771-6DE5F8E77FA6.jpeg
    4D047813-E655-44BA-8771-6DE5F8E77FA6.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 95
  • B37A6129-09C8-470D-AF08-5F7C49593D34.jpeg
    B37A6129-09C8-470D-AF08-5F7C49593D34.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 86
  • F4AD69F7-A672-4DBF-8602-FFAED5781E03.jpeg
    F4AD69F7-A672-4DBF-8602-FFAED5781E03.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 88
  • BFD552A2-10C6-464A-990F-6C394FCEC216.jpeg
    BFD552A2-10C6-464A-990F-6C394FCEC216.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 4347EBE2-952A-4141-AC93-8BB54BC3B865.jpeg
    4347EBE2-952A-4141-AC93-8BB54BC3B865.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 100
It looks complete and fairly decent shape. The '75 is a desirable year too. If it runs and has a clear title, it doesn't sound like a bad deal. What is your mechanical experience though? Are you familiar with carbs and points in a motorcycle? I'd be inclined to offer $1200, but I am not familiar with the market in your area though. I bought my '75 for 1k and it was in pretty decent shape. But I feel like I got a smokin deal on it. At $1200 I think you would be in good shape. Something else to consider the consumables. Does it need tires, cables replaced? What is it going to take to make it road worthy? Do you know if it has stock ignition, or how to check if it does?

Welcome!

Depends on what your intentions are for the bike. $1500 for complete survivor seems good to me. Gonna need a good bit of work, but typical.

Something is going on with left fork lower? looks odd.

Looking to get this 75 xs650 for 1500… let me know what you guys think! Guy said it needs a good carb cleaning and that one of the carbs has a float and has to slightly tap the reservoir to get the carb float to balance out. Also need to o rings changed by the reservoir and petcock. How much would you guys offer?? Also it does run and everything View attachment 225837
If you decide to pass on it, let me know. I'm in N.E. Fla. and I'm interested. Obviously I think that's a fair price, but if you can talk him down, good for you. Keep in mind that if it remains a survivor, which is how I'd keep it, you're gonna' need another seat, They're only original once.

$1500?
Sure thing, but I have about fifteeen years associated with the xs and then parts and pieces of a few hanging from the rafters of the pole barn and strewn about........ spares are invaluable.
If you go for it, see if they'll deduct some of the asking price just because you'll be stuck with that seat.
On a positive note, that tank-depending on condition-could be worth about a third of the asking price to someone.

If you decide to pass on it, let me know. I'm in N.E. Fla. and I'm interested. Obviously I think that's a fair price, but if you can talk him down, good for you. Keep in mind that if it remains a survivor, which is how I'd keep it, you're gonna' need another seat, They're only original once.
Lol this bad boy is gonna be mine ;)

$1500?
Sure thing, but I have about fifteeen years associated with the xs and then parts and pieces of a few hanging from the rafters of the pole barn and strewn about........ spares are invaluable.
If you go for it, see if they'll deduct some of the asking price just because you'll be stuck with that seat.
On a positive note, that tank-depending on condition-could be worth about a third of the asking price to someone.
So you think it’s a good purchase. I can easily flip, but I do want to pretty her up and ride her for a year or so for weekends. Baby girl now in this world, no need for speed. Just wind in the face and a nice rumble

Naples FL = riding year 'round. Actually better about now after the daily afternoon rains of summer quit...
The mufflers are not original either FWIW.
Absolutely on the money, my man. Ride in the mornings, and take it home on lunch to grab my car before the afternoon rains lol

Already have a original seat on the way :). Appreciate your feedback!

Say you spend $1000 on tires, parts and services. Will you be less happy with a total cost of $2500 rather than $$2100-$2200 when riding season starts next spring?
Rear tire is brand new, front tire easily has a year left of riding. I’m just going to obviously pull the carbs (clean thoroughly), check the valves, run a compression test from the kick start and praying it gives me solid numbers. Have someone to pretty much re tune everything after we clean up what’s rotted or needs replaced.

The rev counter is stuck and perhaps gone
Speaking for myself I would start it listening and checking out the exhaust smoke
Shifting trough the gearbox all gears
taking into consideration that carburetors can be off
Inspect the frame ..not crashed
Check fork legs and damping
Measure the charging Voltage lights on.
Then here I would have no problem paying that price If I did believe the mileage is True is it 11000
OK
the rest can have issues wiring and so.. But as long one don't need open the engine for 3 -- 4 --- 5 years
I would not try to haggle that much,
one or 200 dollars as long as it is all there . And looks good I would not lose the deal on that.
But the right side needs to be OK

Speaking for myself I would start it listening and checking out the exhaust smoke
Then here I would have no problem paying that price If I did believe the mileage is True is it 11000
OK
the rest can have issues wiring and so.. But as long one don't need open the engine for 3 -- 4 --- 5 years
one or 200 dollars as long as it is all there . And looks good I would not lose the deal on that.
Literally couldn’t have said it any better… the things you listed I already have in my travel bag and obviously the visuals through each gear and checking off as I go down. I appreciate you giving a further run through

Everything is relative, so is price, but from what you describe, I think it’s cheap and would not hesitate a second. Don’t see a lot around with asking price this low. My first was 1500 and it lacked original carbs and exhaust plus seat needed to be refurbished as well as no battery. But it all came together with a little shopping and some “homework” in the garage.

OK

Attachments

• FB1FA41E-B165-4B13-90E3-1FC2ECD8C4A3.png
    FB1FA41E-B165-4B13-90E3-1FC2ECD8C4A3.png
    776.6 KB · Views: 59
Back