Is this worth 1500?

Here’s the left side guys! Thanks!

Attachments

• 452E9FF8-F741-46AF-9A34-DC8F96E18C0E.png
    452E9FF8-F741-46AF-9A34-DC8F96E18C0E.png
    891.1 KB · Views: 80
Between $1000-1200.oo... ck chain... bring your volt-ohm meter... ck that it's charging. Keep it stock... toss the UGH lee seat...... find better muffs. When its time to " flip it ".. you might break even. These are good solid machines and it's a desirable year. 😎

Between $1000-1200.oo... ck chain... bring your volt-ohm meter... ck that it's charging. Keep it stock... toss the UGH lee seat...... find better muffs. When its time to " flip it ".. you might break even. These are good solid machines and it's a desirable year. 😎
Well… to be honest he said firm on 1700 and then I said I need to see some videos and so fourth. And then when he said it needs a good carb cleaning and so fourth that’s when I said I’ll do 1500 if it’s up to the standards when I arrive in person. If not we will have more negotiations… and he said ok but if someone gets it before you get here then I’m taking the 1700 lol. I said of course that’s only logical sense

Welcome!

Depends on what your intentions are for the bike. $1500 for complete survivor seems good to me. Gonna need a good bit of work, but typical.

Something is going on with left fork lower? looks odd.
I’ll let you know when I see it in person. Any tips on knowing if the fork is on the verge of death besides the obvious. Getting on her and test riding and seeing how it handles one major speed bump lol kidding

I’ll let you know when I see it in person. Any tips on knowing if the fork is on the verge of death besides the obvious. Getting on her and test riding and seeing how it handles one major speed bump lol kidding
If they go up & down and have ~1" of sag @ rest - and don't leak: ok to ride. I'm not an expert on that year-model, but me thinks someone has put another left lower leg (RH ?) on it as the caliper mount face forward (even Euro twin disc was in back) and the dust cover is not right (?). Maybe someone that owns one will help.

Rear tire is brand new, front tire easily has a year left of riding. I’m just going to obviously pull the carbs (clean thoroughly), check the valves, run a compression test from the kick start and praying it gives me solid numbers. Have someone to pretty much re tune everything after we clean up what’s rotted or needs replaced.
Brand new tire "tread is perfect" or "brand new, date code is last 2 or 3 years"? I bought a bike with very nice tires. Two weeks before a big ride close inspection showed small checking and a 13 year old date code. Replaced them immediately. I live, I learn, I don't complain.

Brand new tire "tread is perfect" or "brand new, date code is last 2 or 3 years"? I bought a bike with very nice tires. Two weeks before a big ride close inspection showed small checking and a 13 year old date code. Replaced them immediately. I live, I learn, I don't complain.
I’m a former service advisor.. the first thing I always do without thinking is look at the Date Of Production on the tire also known DOP lol. But thank you for the reminder! Because some think rubber last forever and that is the furthest from the truth.

Luckily
Looks to me the dust cover is broken and some one has tried to sand the fork lower but not the caliper brackets.

The forks are the right way round for the US models. The caliper mounts got changed to the rear of the forks in 76

Can use this thread for a guide.
https://www.xs650.com/threads/xs650...workshop-manuals-and-other-information.30569/

View attachment 225885
Hopefully it’s just a bad dust cover easy 12 bucks replacing. Best part about these sought after bikes… over 500,000 made.. a lot of parts on eBay ;). But I truly love everyone’s eye because I come from Harley flat track sportsters. And I’m loving this forum already!

Luckily
Looks to me the dust cover is broken and some one has tried to sand the fork lower but not the caliper brackets.

The forks are the right way round for the US models. The caliper mounts got changed to the rear of the forks in 76

Can use this thread for a guide.
https://www.xs650.com/threads/xs650...workshop-manuals-and-other-information.30569/

View attachment 225885
Hopefully it’s just a bad dust cover easy 12 bucks replacing. Best part about these sought after bikes… over 500,000 made.. a lot of parts on eBay ;). But I truly love everyone’s eye because I come from Harley flat track sportsters. And I’m loving this forum already
very well said!

I’m a former service advisor.. the first thing I always do without thinking is look at the Date Of Production on the tire also known DOP lol. But thank you for the reminder! Because some think rubber last forever and that is the furthest from the truth.
Go in with your eyes wide open. My position is that if you want it, the perceived expenses aren't a deal breaker and you want it, go for it. I have seen boats, houses, motorcycles, cars that I wanted and walked away when pics were not what I was actually seeing in person. Caveat emptor.
I have also bought boats and bikes sight unseen. No regrets. Cheers. Welcome to the foolishness.

The rag on the engine and oil spots on the floor don’t bode well. Shocks appear to be a later year? If you replace the seat don’t get rid of that pan and I’d also check the front brake for pressure in the MC. Absolutely love that tank scheme…..

Also missing the mounts for the rear turn signals. I’m not trying to rain on the parade. That’s a great year bike.

Last edited:
Back