Is Twitter about to b killed

Twitter has been a cespool for a long time. I'm not a musk fanboy, but it's funny to see all the people he pisses off.
314323188_10224882536229773_3218516111123795461_n.jpg

If your favorite backyard astronomer quits because the world can hear all sides on a news story now, somebody probably better will be along to replace him.

^That's coincidentally one of the twitter channels that was banned because they offended the former owners :)

The AI couldn't distinguish between disinformation and satire................

Must have been turned off when it came to real conmen/grifters

If your favorite backyard astronomer quits because the world can hear all sides on a news story now, somebody probably better will be along to replace him.
:lmao:

This should be in the Joke thread

:lmao::lmao:
:lmao:
Ha, Ha, bonk.............that me laughing my head off

Well yes, technically THIS is social media but I speak of the big platforms, Twitter, Meta, TikToc, etc. Motorcycle forums and similar useful platforms I support.

The AI couldn't distinguish between disinformation and satire................
It was over a cartoon that I saw but can't remember except that it offended some privileged class or another. Anyway, they're back on now.

Musk purchased Twitter for $44 billion, or $54.20 per share, which is more than the shares were trading for on the stock market. That $44 billion is essentially given, in the form of money, to Twitter's shareholders, many of whom are the Twitter employees Musk is now asking to work "extremely hardcore."
This means that, quite literally, many of Twitter's employees are likely sitting on more money right now than they ever have in their lives, and many of them are likely able to take the financial risk associated with leaving the company, even in an uncertain economy and a difficult job market for tech workers (this calculus does not apply to workers who are on certain types of visas or contractors).

It is worth noting that Musk may have promised to provide three months' severance, but is currently being sued by previously laid-off Twitter employees who were promised a range of severance benefits (including three months severance) but only received one month base pay. Musk also reportedly fired top executives at Twitter for “just cause” in an attempt to avoid paying out severance packages worth well over $100 million. Those still at Twitter were told their vested shares would be paid out in the coming days, but Tesla has fired employees before just ahead of scheduled vesting of shares. On top of all this, every single member of Twitter’s entire payroll team has appeared to have resigned so it’s not clear who will actually, well, pay anyone anything.

:laughing:

Link.

Musk purchased Twitter for $44 billion, or $54.20 per share, which is more than the shares were trading for on the stock market. That $44 billion is essentially given, in the form of money, to Twitter's shareholders, many of whom are the Twitter employees Musk is now asking to work "extremely hardcore."
This means that, quite literally, many of Twitter's employees are likely sitting on more money right now than they ever have in their lives, and many of them are likely able to take the financial risk associated with leaving the company, even in an uncertain economy and a difficult job market for tech workers (this calculus does not apply to workers who are on certain types of visas or contractors).

It is worth noting that Musk may have promised to provide three months' severance, but is currently being sued by previously laid-off Twitter employees who were promised a range of severance benefits (including three months severance) but only received one month base pay. Musk also reportedly fired top executives at Twitter for “just cause” in an attempt to avoid paying out severance packages worth well over $100 million. Those still at Twitter were told their vested shares would be paid out in the coming days, but Tesla has fired employees before just ahead of scheduled vesting of shares. On top of all this, every single member of Twitter’s entire payroll team has appeared to have resigned so it’s not clear who will actually, well, pay anyone anything.

:laughing:

Link.

And $14 billion of the 44 is Arab money.........Which body part will they take when it goes belly up :poke:

Thank god for stable geniuses.........:er:

Truer words are never spoken than "All the world's a stage." American society is like a great western with the good gang and the bad gang, and which is which is never in doubt to anybody paying attention. And always an oddball foreigner thrown in for color.

Back