Is Twitter about to b killed

Twitter Musk 1 parrot sketch.JPG

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...tter-polls-are-bot-driven-bullsht-1234639288/

Before completing his purchase of Twitter, Musk announced in May that his $44 billion offer for the company was “temporarily on hold pending details” of Twitter’s estimate that no more than five percent of its users were “bots.” As Twitter and Musk feuded over his offer to buy the company, the Tesla CEO suggested that as many as 20 percent of Twitter accounts could be fake and pledged that he would lead a crusade against “bots” which would “succeed or die trying”

When Musk acted as a self-appointed envoy between Russia and Ukraine, the billionaire displayed at least a dim understanding that the polling feature could theoretically be gamed when users voted down his proposal for a peace deal. “The bot attack on this poll is strong!” he replied to one fan as Twitter users panned his idea.

But his attitude towards the feature has changed as the results have affirmed his own preferences for how to run Twitter. When his Twitter polls indicated support to reinstate suspended accounts and bring back Trump, Musk sanctified with blurbs of Latin claiming “the voice of the people is the voice of God.”

Flip flops...............not an Australian icon anymore now Musk has twitter

What happens when you learn to code and get laid off anyway?:laugh2: Nobody ever gave a shit when I was sent packing, and I can guarantee you I never had anything remotely close to the severance and job opportunities these people have.

I think tech has jumped the shark anyway and has long since passed the point where it was making life better. It has become a tool for subjugation and domination. I have to deal with people and opinions in the real world that I often don't like ( REALLY don't like) and I suck it up for the good of society. These people who think the sky is falling could use their God given abilities such as judgement, discernment, discrimination (in the useful, non-racist sense) and simply ignore the people and opinions they disagree with. The drive for censorship is a far greater threat than somebody's hurt feelings.

The following might be of interest to some. Larger map and full article here:
https://www.statesman.com/story/bus...tter-tesla-spacex-boring-company/69614830007/

Untitled-8.jpg

Mapping Musklandia: A guide to Elon Musk-related activity in the Austin area

59519405_1670338705904.jpg

Existing properties/office locations
2 The Boring Company

Elon Musk's tunneling and infrastructure company moved its headquarters from California to Pflugerville.
4 Tesla/Giga Texas
Giga Texas is home to both Tesla's Austin-area manufacturing facility and the company's headquarters. The facility will make the company's Cybertruck, Model 3 and batteries.
7 Neuralink: Austin office
Musk's California-based neurotechnology company, which is developing a computer-brain interface, is working on a eight-building facility on a 37-acre property in Del Valle, according to documents filed with Travis County.
8 SpaceX: Bastrop
State filings show SpaceX, Musk's aerospace company, is setting up shop in Bastrop near the Boring Company as Project Echo, featuring a more than 500,000 square-foot shell building to be completed in July 2023.
9 The Boring Company: Manufacturing/test site
The Boring Company is working on an 80,000 square-foot site with a manufacturing facility, warehouse and test site to dig "as many tunnels as needed for research and development purposes," according to state filings.

Planned, proposed or possible projects
1 Twitter

Twitter could add a second headquarters in Central Texas. One rancher has even offered free land in Schwertner.
3 The Boring Company: Austin tunnel
Filing indicates "new development with associated improvements" near or at Austin Convention Center. Project name, 'Austin Loop Transportation System.'
5 The Boring Company: Tesla tunnel
Filing shows the Boring Company might build a tunnel near Tesla site. "Colorado River Connector Tunnel" calls for a 2-mile private-access tunnel.
6 The Boring Company: Warehouse
Filings show the Boring Company planning to build a 220,000-square-foot warehouse not far from Tesla's manufacturing site.
10 The Boring Company: Kyle tunnel (canceled)
The city of Kyle scrapped plans for a pedestrian tunnel linking Kyle Crossing to Plum Creek. Union Pacific Railroad objected to building a tunnel under its rail tracks

Figuring I'd drop by to see which way the Twitter thread exploded, but seems totally stable...

Back