It started yeah!

dlabkeeg

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone worked on Boyer Bransden ign. Ok, the pos. wire coming off the coil goes to what? It says orange. I look up the 650 wiring diagram and orange is the contact breaker. Contact breaker goes to ground. Points were taken out thus no breaker. So do I just hook to ground? It's the pos. line off the coil I wouldn't think that would go to ground. I'm doing the wiring from the groung up, so a little in the dark here. This is the very last wire I have to hook up.:banghead:

Attachments

• DSCF0450.jpg
    DSCF0450.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
- looks like the orange and red are both positive ... you could maybe run them both off the ignition switch or as it says on the instructions 1 to the kill and the other to the ignition switch/key

Yeah, I have no kill switch. I was going to hook the both to the ign. switch till I seen the orange above the pos. line out. Here goes nothing. Cross your fingers:thumbsup:

IT IS ALIIIIIIIVE!
So I ajusting the idle runs like a top. I wish I could hear another xs650 to compare how well it's running. To me it sounds like it runs great, loud but great. Man this bike gets hot quick. The right got hot quicker then the left. Is that normal? After a min.-min.1/2 left exhaust was warm, but the right was hot, hot. Also at idle how many volts does the alt put out? Mine was putting out 12.13v. I'm sure it goes up as the rpm does, but right at 12v seems low, even at idle.:D:D:D:D:D

- normal for the rhs to run a little hotter, dont run too long at rest, these are air-cooled, not a bad idea to rig up a fan
- should be producing around 14.0-14.5V at around 2000rpm
- :thumbsup:

Just fitted a Boyer unit on mine and took it out for the first time since fitting it, what a transformation, it's nice and smooth, with all the engine noise gone, took it straght up to 170kph (not on the road of coarse) the only thing stopping it going faster was the clutch slipping, the best I could get to before was 140kph, and that was struggling!!

Back