I've embarked on another anti-shackwhacky project - wanna see?

Downeaster, If you get the idea of doing a race track like the guy in Willis post I have a couple 1/32 scale cars you could have very reasonable! Kind of barn find condition but they do run!
Ford Gt and Ferrie.JPG

fields.jpg

The 20 acre addition to the farm now has a hay field and a corn field. The corn field was a pain, there are 400 plants that came as 20 strips of 20 plants. They were very two-dimensional as received, I had to pinch and twist each plant to give some shape to them, then plant two strips in a slot, wait for the glue to dry, cover the strip base with some ground foam and wait for that to dry and then start on the next row.

hayfield.jpg

The hay field meant I needed some appropriate haying equipment. I designed and 3D printed the wagon and an old abandoned horse-drawn sickle bar. I also printed a "new" mounted sickle bar appropriate to the era. The bales are 3D printed blocks covered in fine ground foam. I have some raked windrows on the right side of the hay field and I'm waiting on some brochures/operating manuals from a friend so I can design and print a baler that fits. Also need to hit the John Deere store and pick up a couple more tractors for the baler, the mower and maybe the rake.

Lots of opportunity for details, plus I still have that bit of real estate to the left of the corn field to do something with. I'll let that simmer until an idea surfaces.

Mine is really rusty.
Same here! Thought I had some pictures of them as they sit right now but only find the pictures when they were in the grown up area. Used one of them to keep the 5 acres of weed down before I had the mower deck on the old Farmall BN. Now they are more or less lawn ornaments.

24T_1 (2).jpg

Haying equipment is complete - mower, baler, rake, wagons, and elevator. I suppose I could add a conditioner, but we never used one when I was a kid.

Baler designed in TinkerCAD using measurements from a 1:16 model a guy sent me and then 3D printer. Not as difficult as I imagined it would be, but did take a little thinking (ow...my brain...) on what to include in what subassemblies and what to print separately. Wound up with 7 print files.

View attachment 203874

Too freakin' cool! No file conversion needed. Scanned it on my flatbed, imported the jpeg file to the Cricut software, measured the original and scaled the copy to the correct size and BOOM!

This is gonna be REAL handy.
Oh, I like this! How thick of material will this cut?

Oh, I like this! How thick of material will this cut?
With what they call a "deep cut" knife and housing, it'll cut 1/16 basswood, so I expect it'd cut most any kind of gasket material. Rubberized cork might want to wiggle around some but there are methods for affixing it to the cutting mat.

Back