• Baggers

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Wreck story with pictures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Road trip stories.

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No votes for Wreck story with pictures so I'll share..

I was on my way to Flint with my GF (now wife) along M21 in Michigan and a farmer lost a load of hay in front of us going about 60 mph. Nothing I could do but stay the course and hold on. Next thing I knew it I was on my side, the bike on my leg in a pile of loose hay. We were bit shaken up, got some road rash, but the bike fared pretty good. Dent in the tank, broken side cover, hi-way bar bent, windshield popped off and a scraped muffler.
I told the farmer I was glad he wasn't hauling scrap metal. If you're going to run into anything, bales of hay would be it.
After all the reports were filed and we got check out by the EMT, we continued on our 60+ mile journey.
Now, I get real nervous riding behind trailers or pickups hauling a bunch of crap.

My Wife snapped this after the crash, the farmer is talking to the trooper in the background.
AccidentBoy.jpg

hey grepper, is that bike now the stretched red bobber of yours?

hey grepper, is that bike now the stretched red bobber of yours?

Nope, sadly I sold that bike two summers ago. It was my first xs650 and despite what people say about the Specials, I really liked how it road. It was really comfortable and handled really well. I really like the buck-horn handlebars and soft seat.

12 months worth of categories , gggGary can start with the one that gets the most votes. Some of those categories could be combined , for example, like strangest bike and rat bike or legit shop and show winners , just to give more people a shot .

trouble is there are not really enough votes yet to be representative.

You might get 3x people vote for rat bikes and thats the highest vote but 30 other people voted for something else . You can hardly say the the votes of 3x members is representative of 30+ members .

We need to either get more members voting or those that are voting should vote for 3x choices :thumbsup:

Yeah it will be a combined Jan Feb run or something, I never claimed to be all that efficient........

Ok it is May 21st. What is happening with our XSOTM? Did this get lost in the shuffle? How about bikes that have been in print. Have I mentioned that my XS is in the Back Talk section of this months (June, issue #130) The Horse magazine.

Back