JesseeS Build Thread

The stuff I got isn't particularly sticky, but it was the only stuff I could get. If worse come to worse I'll tie the ends with heatshrink to keep it from unravelling.

Thanks guys! I noticed with regular electrical tape if something had an oily residue on it, it would have a hard time sticking. My wires were cleaned up but still oily from soaking it in so long but the cloth tape held on and didn’t budge. Hoping it will last a long time. Togl I’d be interested in hearing How they work out for you

3M Friction Tape is better than standard Auto TESSA tape. The stuff I got from Revival also works well too.
3M.PNG

The Molex MP25 connectors are very small and high quality:
MOLEX MIZU.PNG

DEUTSCH Connectors are also very good.
Beware of cheap copies on eBay & Amazon.

DEUTCH.PNG

3M Friction Tape is better than standard Auto TESSA tape. The stuff I got from Revival also works well too.
View attachment 223066

The Molex MP25 connectors are very small and high quality:
View attachment 223067

DEUTSCH Connectors are also very good.
Beware of cheap copies on eBay & Amazon.

View attachment 223068
Thanks Adam! I actually got the bundle from revival of the crimp tool and the small Molex connectors. Mainly for my turn signals as the wiring is the smallest I’ve ever seen. I was also thinking of picking up the Deutsch connectors for the m unit.

The rear wheel got delivered! Had the tire mounted today. The TX750 swingarm just got finished being painted. Now going to wait a week before installing the new bronze bushings and throwing it on the bike. That being said, you KNOW I had to throw the new wheel on the bike just to see how it looks, right? Here it is. Lifted up the rear a good bit, so I won’t have to go longer with shocks. Currently have 14” ones on there.
2BBA9DE6-3CE7-488C-8F86-41C8CDCCCDEC.jpeg

First Class all the way!

I like the pegs too, but I suggest no vibram soled boots (don't ask how I know):laugh2:
Thanks JP! And great, now you tell me. Guess I’m gonna have to return these bad boys. Disappointed to say the least.
D176BD37-F7EF-43C7-BA7E-2D887108B88A.png

Haha those pegs were from when it was heading a more adventure oriented build. From a YZ125. Direct bolt on and damn nice. Will be going to rear sets shortly

The rear wheel got delivered! Had the tire mounted today. The TX750 swingarm just got finished being painted. Now going to wait a week before installing the new bronze bushings and throwing it on the bike. That being said, you KNOW I had to throw the new wheel on the bike just to see how it looks, right? Here it is. Lifted up the rear a good bit, so I won’t have to go longer with shocks. Currently have 14” ones on there.
View attachment 226007
Looking sweet so far JesseS

Got my cowl back from Jim! Got it mocked up and took a few photos. Need to take some measurements and fab a bracket then fine tune the positioning but it’s just about there!

Attachments

• 6BBB9455-B220-4445-BEBA-8D6A7EFD6D45.jpeg
    6BBB9455-B220-4445-BEBA-8D6A7EFD6D45.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 7D5AB900-DBFE-41A7-8AFA-F75D5D98D083.jpeg
    7D5AB900-DBFE-41A7-8AFA-F75D5D98D083.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 122
  • E51C4924-56A1-470D-9FDC-4DDD2B558062.jpeg
    E51C4924-56A1-470D-9FDC-4DDD2B558062.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 120
  • AE83833F-5CA6-4088-9B52-00D00078BF32.jpeg
    AE83833F-5CA6-4088-9B52-00D00078BF32.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 121
In background talks Jessee and I came up with 4 criteria for the cowl...

1. Small. Not a huge obnoxious blob that drowns out the rest of the rear.
2. Mimic the contour of the tank (purple line).
3. Keep the angle of the rear frame tube (red)
4. Upswept along with the rear hoop (yellow).

Shipping back and forth across the country for test fits prolly ain't the best way to go, but I'd say we nailed it. :cheers:

zz.png

I use these on domestic wiring and they are great.

I’ve only just caught up with your thread @JesseeS and I have to say I absolutely love it, the tank and cowl look so good together and I really appreciate the ‘muscle’ that the upside down forks provide to the front end!

Daniel.

Got my cowl back from Jim! Got it mocked up and took a few photos. Need to take some measurements and fab a bracket then fine tune the positioning but it’s just about there!

That’s a good looking rear end @JesseeS and I am most definitely a butt man!

Daniel.

Thank you guys, means a lot! @halfmile ive been in touch with Wes at counterbalance cycles. He’s local to me so once I get the cowl mounted we are going to get together for a custom seat. I’m thinking I want to go with diamond stitch though
Small world.:yikes: I just tried to get in touch with Wes this afternoon about a diamond stich seat for my First Tracker Makeover. Wes is the man.:thumbsup:

Back