JesseeS Build Thread

Thanks again guys. I had some thin gauge steel I used to help make brackets. Used the thin gauge so I could adjust by bending until I got it right, well, close enough at least. Pretty much have it exactly where I want it/ where I get the right clearances for everything. Obligatory streamlined shot of the rear as 3rd pic so I can be told it’s 1/16th crooked. :rolleyes: Haha

Attachments

• 10DBC097-81A0-40A5-9D85-477BDDB39DE6.jpeg
    10DBC097-81A0-40A5-9D85-477BDDB39DE6.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 124
  • F56262CA-E60E-467B-B5BA-0779DADF0737.jpeg
    F56262CA-E60E-467B-B5BA-0779DADF0737.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 53C6D859-F172-471C-AC07-FB7A4A26FA26.jpeg
    53C6D859-F172-471C-AC07-FB7A4A26FA26.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 117
Well folks, Its me! Oh yes, still alive. Had to step away and address some home and work issues. Things are now starting to find their level, so I am back. Things that have happened with the bike, NOTHING! surprise surprise. Well, that's not entirely true. I did order my M unit, My Motogadget speedometer, Complete wiring, and rear sets from Cognito moto. Fortunately/unfortunately I have moved. My new home does not have a garage so everything is in storage, but I'm having a shed built at the end of this month so I'll have a place to start assembling it all together. If I'm correct, all I'll need to finish my bike after all that is installed are shocks, and a seat, the last of which is already being discussed. So, buckle up, because I'm going to try and have this bike finished and running in order to try to be in the running for the calendar this year :bike:

Well folks, Its me! Oh yes, still alive. Had to step away and address some home and work issues. Things are now starting to find their level, so I am back. Things that have happened with the bike, NOTHING! surprise surprise. Well, that's not entirely true. I did order my M unit, My Motogadget speedometer, Complete wiring, and rear sets from Cognito moto. Fortunately/unfortunately I have moved. My new home does not have a garage so everything is in storage, but I'm having a shed built at the end of this month so I'll have a place to start assembling it all together. If I'm correct, all I'll need to finish my bike after all that is installed are shocks, and a seat, the last of which is already being discussed. So, buckle up, because I'm going to try and have this bike finished and running in order to try to be in the running for the calendar this year :bike:
Your already in the running for the calendar. Great job so far.:thumbsup:

Had some free time today so started thinking over what I have left. The biggest project is the electrical so I was trying to figure out the best way to lay everything out. I had purchased a battery box but I think I'm going to scrap that to the side and in its place just use a thick piece of flat aluminum. The reason being is I was having a battery location issue where I just couldn't seem to fit everything I needed while using the box. With the flat piece I can fit The M unit and all associated reg/rec, gonzo box and starter solenoid/relay on the top, and then mount an antigravity 8 cell bolted to the underside. I also purchased the m lock so will mount that somewhere up front. I mounted the rearsets and the one issue I had was the hose and rear brake fluid reservoir. My god does it look awful, and in my eyes takes away from the sleek look I'm going for. Enter the PSR integrated rear reservoir. Not pricey but not cheap, I think it will really clean up the look A LOT. Here is a photo of it, it is shown in blue but I will be purchasing the aluminum color.
integrated_rear_277.jpg

I will probably start tackling it once my shed is complete, but for now I have some time to go over how I'm going to mount everything. I can't remember the last time I had my ignition coil mounted, and can't even remember how it attached to be honest haha. I may just mount it to the underside of the same electrics plate if I have the room. Other than that I look forward to showing you guys some progress soon

Had some free time today so started thinking over what I have left. The biggest project is the electrical so I was trying to figure out the best way to lay everything out. I had purchased a battery box but I think I'm going to scrap that to the side and in its place just use a thick piece of flat aluminum. The reason being is I was having a battery location issue where I just couldn't seem to fit everything I needed while using the box. With the flat piece I can fit The M unit and all associated reg/rec, gonzo box and starter solenoid/relay on the top, and then mount an antigravity 8 cell bolted to the underside. I also purchased the m lock so will mount that somewhere up front. I mounted the rearsets and the one issue I had was the hose and rear brake fluid reservoir. My god does it look awful, and in my eyes takes away from the sleek look I'm going for. Enter the PSR integrated rear reservoir. Not pricey but not cheap, I think it will really clean up the look A LOT. Here is a photo of it, it is shown in blue but I will be purchasing the aluminum color. View attachment 262789
I will probably start tackling it once my shed is complete, but for now I have some time to go over how I'm going to mount everything. I can't remember the last time I had my ignition coil mounted, and can't even remember how it attached to be honest haha. I may just mount it to the underside of the same electrics plate if I have the room. Other than that I look forward to showing you guys some progress soon
Great to have you back in the house Jessee; looking forward the the continued build too.

Alright folks so I am about to pull the trigger on Ikon shocks. My choices are 345mm or 355mm. I was thinking on going with the 355 and being just shy of 14” and adding a slider on the swingarm. Or do we think the 345 at 13.5” is better. This is a fair weather backroads racer, not a daily rider, if that helps recommendations at all

Alright folks so I am about to pull the trigger on Ikon shocks. My choices are 345mm or 355mm. I was thinking on going with the 355 and being just shy of 14” and adding a slider on the swingarm. Or do we think the 345 at 13.5” is better. This is a fair weather backroads racer, not a daily rider, if that helps recommendations at all

Hi JesseeS
Much depends on what front end you use. How far up/down you set the yokes on the forks; That affects the rake angle at the front wheel spindle and how fast the bike will steer. A 1/2’’ difference at the back will have much less effect than front end differences. Higher at the back = quicker steering; and vice versa. To be honest the 1/2’’ geometry differences are fairly slight. What I do know from changing my rear shocks is buy the best you can afford. I used a set of French manufactured standard sized units, custom built to my Kg & riding style. Immense difference to the original units. Now my Ducati front end needs sorting to match, as the rear units are far superior.
Ads.

Thanks guys. I went with the 355 and they are the Ikon 7610. Felt it was a good middle of the road. I can always upgrade down the line if I feel like I outride these (doubtful). I’m pretty sure I have all my triple clamp info from when I ordered it for the rake and trail. Hopefully it’s not too squirrelly but will look into steering stabilizers if need be

I have Koni 7610s on the Red Bike at 12.75 inches. I have shocks off of a recent Triumph TT100 (?) at 13.5 inches on the Blue Tracker. The Blue Tracker has the fork tubes dropped in the triple trees 1 inch. That should make the Tracker with +1" ish in back and -1" in front a quicker steerer. NO, the tracker is much more truckish. It may be higher and wider bars on the RedBike or it may be tires. K70 on the nimble Red Bike and D404s on the trucking Tracker.

Received my integrated brake reservoir this afternoon. Lubed it up, went to install it and bam, snapped. Immediately. Just sent an email off to see if they can remedy this. It’s a press fit part and should obviously not snap when press fitting. We will see how they handle this. If they tell me to screw then I’m out $100 and have to find a different route.

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_121222_076.jpg
    IMG_20240307_121222_076.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 24
Update: heard back from the company and they will be sending me out a new one. So good news there. Also got some aluminum plate and started planning out where my electronics are going to go. Basically have a home with extra space all around for everything but my starter solenoid. It has an awkward mounting bracket so I'll probably just mount it on an L bracket and bolt/weld that up to the tray I'm laying out. Man I can't wait for the shed.

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_194903_831.jpg
    IMG_20240307_194903_831.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240307_194914_302.jpg
    IMG_20240307_194914_302.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 17
Back