JesseeS Build Thread

whistling_smiley small.jpg

1651972255903.png

Jim! This is the icing on the cake to my day. I finally got my frame cut and fit up the way i wanted and tacked it together. Unfortunately my buddy is on some crazy shifts and won't be able to weld it up for me. I have a Harbor Freight flux core welder but don't trust it as I can't get it dialed in where I need it, but it's fine for hobby work. So I've read some good reviews and bought a YesWelder for stick (since it's what I know how to do). Once I get it in I have some extra scrap tubing to practice on then I'll get it all together.

I recently bought a yes welder Jesse.
I'm loving it. No issues at all with the stick or mig. Mine is multi process and I'm about to get my bottle of argon for some tig work.
Probably burn through a bottle getting back up to speed but I will enjoy it.
I have also had great experience with their customer support as well.

I recently bought a yes welder Jesse.
I'm loving it. No issues at all with the stick or mig. Mine is multi process and I'm about to get my bottle of argon for some tig work.
Probably burn through a bottle getting back up to speed but I will enjoy it.
I have also had great experience with their customer support as well.
That's good to hear! I was going to get the multi process one but figured I would save a few bucks for now seeing as I wouldn't use the other functions for a good bit

Well, the front end I ordered came in! Very pleased with it. The GSXR swap is so popular now good look getting a cheap front end. Tried going the Hayabusa route but nobody on ebay wanted to make a deal. Ended up with forks, calipers and rotors from a 2012 Kawasaki ZX6R. Very clean and only 1 blemish I had to look to find. Also ordered Pirelli Sport Demons for rubber. Going to make my credit card company love me and order the front wheel tonight so I can get 80% of the front end together. All I'll need after is the triple tree.

Attachments

• 20220510_144549.jpg
    20220510_144549.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 20220510_170726.jpg
    20220510_170726.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 126
  • dn2r7doofvq41.jpg
    dn2r7doofvq41.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 116
After calling around to some powdercoaters, I decided just to prep and paint the bike frame and bits. Between obnoxious wait times, folks wanting to bend me over in price, or talking to me like I'm an asshole for asking questions, I'm going to just do it myself. I know prep is key. Going to take the frame down to bare metal in as many places as I can, and places that are too tough to reach ill sand. Let's get After it

Back