JesseeS Build Thread

Retraction: !

I hope you haven't ordered more jets on my previous advice; that non-US needle jet/needle combo is significantly richer than stock US NJ and the Dyno Tune. I now have the 336-Y-0/51X11 installed and I'm back down to 137.5 main with 45 pilot and still sorting. You may be good right as you stand. I should have riding weather for the next couple of days and, hopefully, finalize the tune.

Sorry for leading you off!
No worries JP!
I did order more jets, going through the tuning guide it’s advised that when you think you have it check the size below and above to be sure. With that in mind I just ordered what I think it’s gonna be and a few above just to go through the motions. They aren’t too expensive and I was ordering some other parts anyways. Good luck with the final tuning!

Not much to update. Ordered a few odds and ends to try and finish up the front end. After a long layoff I’m finally back to work. Doing 4 10s and 2 8s, so not a lot of free time. Plus side is I’m getting journeyman rate as an apprentice, who doesn’t love more money. On a less happy note, my dog had been off for about a week, thought she just wasn’t feeling well (she’s old, has bad hips, one eye and has Lyme disease). Then she stopped eating. Brought her to the emergency vet and she had a tumor. Being she was 14, and that even if they removed it the type it was formed from her blood so it would spread again, they said the humane thing would be to put her down. So, after gathering myself together and some time with her, I said goodbye to my friend. She was a wonderful rescued addition to our family, and she loved hanging with my baby. No longer suffering, but the garage is a bit too lonely now for me to get much done even if I wanted. Working and my baby have been keeping my mind busy, but it does seem empty in the shop. Will update again when more parts come in and my mind is a bit more right

Attachments

• 0E84DEAE-4AD9-41C5-B15A-EF7EEC564889.jpeg
    0E84DEAE-4AD9-41C5-B15A-EF7EEC564889.jpeg
    536.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 27C91F2D-3764-477C-BBCC-A8F1B42CA7C0.jpeg
    27C91F2D-3764-477C-BBCC-A8F1B42CA7C0.jpeg
    713.3 KB · Views: 73
It does get a bit lonely in the garage when one of 'em leaves us. Sorry Jessee.
To quote Will Rogers....

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”

I'm sorry for your loss brother. Hang in there, time helps.
He would have wanted you to keep going on this project. Sometimes distracting ourselves, doing what we love, can help with the healing too.

Not much to update. Ordered a few odds and ends to try and finish up the front end. After a long layoff I’m finally back to work. Doing 4 10s and 2 8s, so not a lot of free time. Plus side is I’m getting journeyman rate as an apprentice, who doesn’t love more money. On a less happy note, my dog had been off for about a week, thought she just wasn’t feeling well (she’s old, has bad hips, one eye and has Lyme disease). Then she stopped eating. Brought her to the emergency vet and she had a tumor. Being she was 14, and that even if they removed it the type it was formed from her blood so it would spread again, they said the humane thing would be to put her down. So, after gathering myself together and some time with her, I said goodbye to my friend. She was a wonderful rescued addition to our family, and she loved hanging with my baby. No longer suffering, but the garage is a bit too lonely now for me to get much done even if I wanted. Working and my baby have been keeping my mind busy, but it does seem empty in the shop. Will update again when more parts come in and my mind is a bit more right
Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog.
There will be a big hole in the family life now she is gone to doggy heaven.

Sorry to hear that news Jesse.
Hard to lose one's best friend.
Diversions can be healthy.
The extra cha ching is always good.
The build will still be waiting for when your time and mind are free.
Condolences.

I feel for you. I've got one with lymphoma that's getting near the end and my beloved 15 y.o. cat Molly has heart disease. You never really get over them, you just move on as best you can and hope another one comes along to rescue you.

The time has come. I have received my parts back from Jim from painting. BEHOLD
A122DB9C-B754-4D0E-BEAA-6E234D0EAAFC.jpeg

C70C526E-9639-4266-9679-30AD0B40538C.jpeg

4338F508-260D-4A0B-A0DC-7AC38E709D82.jpeg

4946C003-1438-4930-A971-8C2F26C1B8B4.jpeg

My crappy pictures don’t do it justice. It looks AMAZING. The only thing missing is the matching headlight because a certain company loves messing with me apparently. Anyways, I walked over to my bike so carefully the last time I walked that slow I was carrying filled to the brim $14 a piece concert beers. Like holding a newborn. Damn near had a stroke wheeling it over to get some sunlight. I can’t recommend Jim’s work enough, but you all know what Jim’s capable of. I wanted to get some electrical done, but I think I’m going to invest in a seat next so I can stop looking at the painted black tape covered mock-up I made. We shall see!

View attachment 218855

View attachment 218856
View attachment 218857
View attachment 218858
My crappy pictures don’t do it justice. It looks AMAZING. The only thing missing is the matching headlight because a certain company loves messing with me apparently. Anyways, I walked over to my bike so carefully the last time I walked that slow I was carrying filled to the brim $14 a piece concert beers. Like holding a newborn. Damn near had a stroke wheeling it over to get some sunlight. I can’t recommend Jim’s work enough, but you all know what Jim’s capable of. I wanted to get some electrical done, but I think I’m going to invest in a seat next so I can stop looking at the painted black tape covered mock-up I made. We shall see!
JesseeS Bike looks amazing. Jim has done a great job and I love the colour of the tins against the forks. Cant wait for the next bit.

The bike looks incredible Jesse.
Jim's work is impeccable and the color really pops. The tins looked good in Jim's shop but seeing them on the bike is a whole new level.
Congratulations, still following your build with great interest. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 218855

View attachment 218856
View attachment 218857
View attachment 218858
Looks fantastic! Congrats!

Back