Jim's 1980 SG Miss September

I like that. Sure beats my hanging stuff from a tree branch out in the back yard method! :D
Hey I hung my 65 Galaxie body from a large tree branch to the front body mounts and a cherry picker in the trunk while we swapped frames out for the one I rebuilt and painted with Corroless bridge primer and chassis black bridge top coat a little in timidadating when it dropped 2 inches but we got it on there just fine and straight! Lol

Holy crap Jim - that is cool!! I could use that jig to paint a frame and a bunch of other stuff!

Dammit - I’m comin’ over. I’ve just got two questions:

- what part of Kansas City are you in?
- what day will that jig be done and not have anything of yours in/on it?
- what kind of BEvERages do you like?

OK - that was three. Sorry.

Pete
Pete we live in Missouri, we have to keep up appearances, It was three but they don’t know that, he might be in KCKS and not know the difference. 😝

Hmmm....
Got a good set of painted, special fenders in the basement.
Hmmm....

1680566013816.png

Could side mount the plate on the lower shock or rear axle:shrug:
I am hoping I can avoid that. Nothing against it except I am going for a "old school" stockish looking/feel on this. I grew up on uncle John's "Cycle Buyer's Guide" from the mid 60s which listed almost every available marque with "advertised" specs. Long before there were "Specials" , there were "scamblers" which I believed "I" could dominate any field on. ;) There were also Tigers and Bonnevilles and various BSA and Norton and others.
The 160s and puny 250s paled in comparison to the mighty 650 and even 750 British twins.
I don't long for those days but I hope this bike catches a touch of that simpler time feel. Thus, I hope to have a standard taillight placement compact enough to show off the paint work.
Your calendar bike is absolutely brilliant by the way...

Oh wow - I have never seen a set of Krausers on anything but a BMW...

NICE!
I have used a pair of Denfeld panniers on my XS (sort of poor man's Krauser) However, I think Shoei or similar top loading and more rounded luggage complements the XS lines better than the more boxy German luggage.
For someone looking for brand new panniers, Craven have nice, if expensive options: https://craven-equipment.co.uk/luggage/category/panniers

I have used a pair of Denfeld panniers on my XS (sort of poor man's Krauser) However, I think Shoei or similar top loading and more rounded luggage complements the XS lines better than the more boxy German luggage.
For someone looking for brand new panniers, Craven have nice, if expensive options: https://craven-equipment.co.uk/luggage/category/panniers
Oh yeah! I think the Meteor line of panniers look especially nice on classic bikes.
1C966290-DE28-489F-9B49-A0793E7732C4.jpegF71E7476-4D6D-4080-9E4B-F02945EEE51A.jpeg2994610E-9DDD-49F4-8D05-D18313C0B43F.jpeg8AF483AD-D5A4-47D5-B48C-4333C614ED5F.jpeg

Back