• Jamesgs4

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • tron

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • I am Carbon

Votes: 10 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you everyone for the votes. I appreciate it. James' bike is my all time favorite swingarm chop and I thought Id get spanked going into it against his..

This winter hopefully brings good things for the bike as well!

Really Great Job bud! Nice post! Great Bike!

I want to start by sayin the XS650 was my first choice for a bike.
I ride my baby everywhere, rain or shine. I don't hav to ride her everyday but she is my #1 choice for getting around. I'll take the van only if I can't get everything on the bike that I need to get or take with me.
One of my friends had a few XSs
in a barn so it was easy to see 2 of them but one of them was burried under who knows what.
And this was the one he was willin to let go. So I dug it out I could get a look at it.
and chucked it on a trailer n brought her home. This is what it looked like when I got her home.

After shooting the video it was time to clean her up and get her running.

the tank was so rusted
it took a week of electrolis to get the rust out. after getting the bike running about 4 weeks of
riding the plastic came loose from the cam chain guide.

So I had to pull the engine,

remove the topend to get at the guide

so I rebuilt the top end and put her back together.

"It was Thanks to
the HELP I got from you guys that this went well" And I have been running her ever sence, I
fixed the dents in the tank,and the crank in one of the side covers,took the tail light off the
seat body took some aluminum sheet scrap that I had and built a rear fender and polished it to
mirror finish. I used 2 part paint + clear it has
4 coats base
full
[/IMG]
5 coats 2nd color 6 coats clear.
full
[/IMG]
full
[/IMG]
full
[/IMG]
full