Just Checking???

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
I got 5 motor rebuilds to do very soon and i have not used any of MIKES XS ignitions in a long time. So i am asking if anyone had anything good or bad to say if they used the setup they have that is the simplest one he sells. I just need it to test motors and have them run to break in. I normally use Boyer but they have been backed up and for 5 will be around $1100. I can buy Mikes XS cheaper .
Just want to know what you think if you have one or plan on buying one
Thanks Rich

I’ve had one since mid 2018, I thought I was buying a Pamco when I got it, the only issue I had was that when I fitted it I couldn’t get the timing right, I had to file the screw slot about 10mm longer to get it to advance enough, someone else here reported the same problem.

Seeing as how they are a very close knock off of Pete's ignition, Sme of the fiorst even had Pamco written on the circuit board.
They probably work ok.
Leo

B649C9F0-FF13-4632-9EF8-5BD62D8C8C93.png B51F6CFF-A886-4B14-ABF0-08B72E89FE6A.png

Have you researched the gonzo gn250 ignition yet? You may have some of the parts laying around this would be a feasible investment.

I am planning to do the PMA charging type over tci and rotor.

I just researched and ordered parts for it last night.

I think it was $14 for the box
And $10 for the banshee pick up.
I am reusing old Banshee PMA.

Box has two connections for the pick up.
Two wires go to coil(which I already had)
+ and -

all credit to TeamJunk(Jake) and Jim

Last edited:
Back