Just out of curiosity - Airplane Guys

There are a few thousand tanks seeing combat today that a few years ago were considered too old, too obsolete and not in good enough shape to return to duty.
They are not up to today's standards for combat equipment. But if the damn thing is shooting at you I don't think you would care. Things can change.

Last edited:
Thinking out loud again --- feel free correct
Scrap is a business in itself
Ships are mostly taken to countries with low staff cost + no safety rules.
Seen films from Pakistan the work cost in relation to the value of the metal makes them do it.

Copper wiring has gotten stolen and sold
And now these days catalytic converter in cars .Some have more of the valuable metals in them

Dont know the value on aluminum
But an aeroplane sitting in the desert .
Perhaps remote places ..harsh environment ..Need staff .. Need barracks ... Tools ...Transport ... Trucks to the buyer .. Perhaps needs training. Cant use migrants ..
Not sure Acetylene torch works

Every scrap yard here most likely have some part of their Business off the books so to speak.
At least it was so.
Cars a say $ 100 was parked in the field and customers came taking parts off them
No receipts no tax .Not even much chemicals emptied out.
Good profits ..for some

Some parts sold .and some shady copper bought .Control is better these days But still not the
best supervised activity
That is more difficult for large objects and government involvement
cant cut corners. Must obey the rules

I can se the possibility that the cost dismantling and haul it away can be such that not many are interested trying. Where is the upside ? Selling parts .that is an entirely different thing.

The ones I knew ( and in construction recycling still Know ) was in it because there was a shady non regulated part in it. There the profit was
these people are careful to take on authority contracts, They have enough of authority problems
Inspectors and regulators . Tax man ... Not criminals but tricksters / hustlers.
Market ..Less profit and more problems. Risk Reward can make them seek projects elsewhere
Can be different in the --- US as Mentioned thinking here

The part about the main purpose being spare parts is true but the part about, "No they're not there to be brought back to life..." is incorrect.
There are typically more than 4,000 aircraft (and missles) stored at Davis-Monthan AFB, quite a few are there for long term storage and are not picked apart for salvage. View attachment 327760
Yes, I didn't mean to imply that never happens. Just this year a B-52 and a B-1B were brought back from the dead to back fill squadron losses. So yes, that's an added benefit to the yard.... but the meat and potatoes is spare parts.

CONCORDE, The last flight over Bristol (Clevedon Suspension Bridge).
Two epic engineering acheivements, in my opinion, seen together over Bristol England.

5.JPG

7.JPG

6.JPG

I can sorta see that argument, but surely there would be a problem finding the people to fly them, and service them, and arm them. And draft all those people, and train them. And places to house all those people, and feed them, even if they were all fully trained reservists. And attend to all their other needs - pay, pension, transport, HR. Hell, you'd have to gear up for a whole nother Air Force in no time at all.

But I don't know nuffin.
The US did that pretty quickly in the early 1940's. I don't know if we could do it again!

The US did that pretty quickly in the early 1940's. I don't know if we could do it again!
I am sure that there are 2 reasons why it cannot happen. Nr one is that the kids are unfit. Nr 2 is that the Ruskies and the Chin fellas won't wait for it to happen. Of course if the fantasies on BBC and from the senile fella's office were true... but they're not. Ruski trash compactor in zone 404 has eaten up NATO over the past 2 1/2 years. I am glad my generation's fathers are most all gone and don't have to witness the next war, which is reasonably understood to have begun already. It's history, not "politics". Very very ugly too. As for heavy lift... missile away time...

Cockpit Evolution.......

View attachment 328007
Interesting. Also interesting is the combat availability, how many guys and how many hours and what sort of airstrips these machine can operate from. Let's also look at MiG57 v F35 in terms that might represent actual combat, rather than bombing guys and girls and kids in pyjamas wearing sandals. And logistical train might be difficult in zones far from factories. In war-time big ships sink... Speaking of the flying machines, see video>
In W2 the Reds, when they ran out of ammo in their YAKs or Aircobras, etc...trying to kill nazi bombers, or fighters, rammed. How many Yanks would ram? Better spend these vast fortunes on schools and doctors and housing... But all airplanes are exquisite, and beautiful. More Cessnas, ultralights, and fewer fighters would suit me jus' fine. Oh, yes, how many F35 are sitting idle, rejected by the services as unsuitable? Very spendy machines... Some say that's what the F35 is for, money for "Luckup Aircraft", Inc, and of course for the lobbyists. Speaking of Luckup Company, enjoy "Deal of the Century"... good flick!

This breaks my heart> https://t.me/intelslava/61751?single (The Zala operator is watching the Ukrainian Yak-52 , which took off to intercept it on the border of the Odessa and Nikolaev regions.) Previously I mentioned that somebody said that they were going to use the museums for airplanes to use in the stupidest fight imaginable. I have no idea what a "zala" is... but it sounds sorta not very nice for the flyers or their birdie. Well, it's not quite an antique... but it still breaks my heart. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-52 Keep this chit up and they'll be using bricks and rocks.

This breaks my heart> https://t.me/intelslava/61751?single (The Zala operator is watching the Ukrainian Yak-52 , which took off to intercept it on the border of the Odessa and Nikolaev regions.) Previously I mentioned that somebody said that they were going to use the museums for airplanes to use in the stupidest fight imaginable. I have no idea what a "zala" is... but it sounds sorta not very nice for the flyers or their birdie. Well, it's not quite an antique... but it still breaks my heart. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-52 Keep this chit up and they'll be using bricks and rocks.
The Zala is a small drone that can be configured for ground attack (kamikaze) or surveillance. It'll take a warhead of about 15lbs (that's not a misprint... fifteen pounds), carry it for about a half hour and slam it into a ground target. It has NO air to air capability. So even if it wanted to attack the Yak, it couldn't. Being about 100mph SLOWER than the Yak doesn't help matters either.

The Yak52 is a primary flight trainer. It's unarmed and to the best of my knowledge, has never been pressed into service as an interceptor...ever. In other words, it's a short video of a Ukrainian Yak 52 trainer.... period. Everything else about this "heartbreaking" clip, is made up bullshit.

The problem with Russian propaganda (like any propaganda) is it only works 'cause there's fuckin' morons out there that are too stupid to evaluate information objectively.... they just buy into it hook, line and sinker. Intellectually lazy fucks, in other words.
Yeah.... "heartbreaking." :cautious:

The Zala is a small drone that can be configured for ground attack (kamikaze) or surveillance. It'll take a warhead of about 15lbs (that's not a misprint... fifteen pounds), carry it for about a half hour and slam it into a ground target. It has NO air to air capability. So even if it wanted to attack the Yak, it couldn't. Being about 100mph SLOWER than the Yak doesn't help matters either.

The Yak52 is a primary flight trainer. It's unarmed and to the best of my knowledge, has never been pressed into service as an interceptor...ever. In other words, it's a short video of a Ukrainian Yak 52 trainer.... period. Everything else about this "heartbreaking" clip, is made up bullshit.

The problem with Russian propaganda (like any propaganda) is it only works 'cause there's fuckin' morons out there that are too stupid to evaluate information objectively.... they just buy into it hook, line and sinker. Intellectually lazy fucks, in other words.
Yeah.... "heartbreaking." :cautious:
Thanks for the friendly and brotherly and polite criticism... :) How is it propaganda? Is it true, or is it not true? Propaganda can be either, since you are so smart, you know that, right? What breaks my heart is mutual smashing and mutual murder between Slavic people,, and you, my brother, is that what you prefer? I am glad though, about the "intellectual lazy fucks part". Many Thanks! Is this objective enough to warm your heart?

Back