Just out of curiosity - Airplane Guys

Gorgeous Gal...
1641147848455.png

The narrator/narration is a hoot!
In this U tube, they showed an A-10A with "263" on the nose. She was the last plane with my name on the left canopy rail. I was her last crew chief at Davis - Monthan AFB. Launched her out for the last time as she went somwhere to be a display bird. I fondly called her "Leaker". She was a good flyer. This was back in the early '90's.

In this U tube, they showed an A-10A with "263" on the nose. She was the last plane with my name on the left canopy rail. I was her last crew chief at Davis - Monthan AFB. Launched her out for the last time as she went somwhere to be a display bird. I fondly called her "Leaker". She was a good flyer. This was back in the early '90's.
favorite military jet since i was a wee one.

….and now for something completely different…..

….another promising project f@cked-up by government twits.

….and yet another excellent technical project ruined by people who wouldn’t know a bolt from a bowl of Cheerios.

I was just an infant when the AVRO Arrow was cancelled, but 30 years later when I was a young engineering professor in the late 1980s, I was a member of the Canadian Aerospace Institute (CASI) in Ottawa. CASI used to have dinner meetings with superb technical speakers and most of the elite aerospace people in Canadà would be there. These were really distinguished senior military leaders and industry executives - people who, by then, were well into their 50s and 60s.

I remember one talk where somebody mentioned the Arrow and John Dieffenbaker - and about three of these elder statesmen of industry and the military simply lost it. They began ranting and swearing and calling into question the parentage and reproductive practices of our former Prime Minister and his entire family as well as most of the senior people in his government.

America had Robert MacNamara, Great Britain had Duncan Sandys…..and we had John Diefenbaker and George Pearkes.

What a shame that we require higher standards of training and competence before granting a snot-nosed 16 year-old the right drive a car than we do before electing a politician to the privilege of running a country and it’s defense policy.

Last edited:
I had not heard of the arrow but watching this documentary adds more fuel to the fire that Politicians should never have power. They are generally the worst enemy of the warfighter...

n this U tube, they showed an A-10A with "263" on the nose. She was the last plane with my name on the left canopy rail. I was her last crew chief at Davis - Monthan AFB. Launched her out for the last time as she went somwhere to be a display bird. I fondly called her "Leaker". She was a good flyer. This was back in the early '90's.
I got to watch a couple a10s making passes up a box canyon near Fallon back in the 80's Watched for 30 minutes. Amazing aircraft.

Back