Just picked up a 72 XS2

Odessa goodwin

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1972 XS2. I have been working to this point for years, getting my shop built, developing skills and sourcing a project. I had 2 XS650 engines and various parts and was getting close to starting a high quality street tracker. Then... the wildfires came through Oregon and burned my house, property, shops and 6 motorcycles to the ground.
We have quickly recovered, I have a serviceable work area and bought this XS2 with 11k miles on it. I plan on keeping it as stock looking as possible but doing all the modern upgrades and have already purchased a set of Mikuni VM34s and a new milling machine and am looking forward to the journey.
xs2.jpg

Well that looks like a great XS2 to start with, is it running and rideable as is? I’m very sorry to hear about your losses to the fires, they have been just awful on the whole west coast. I do hope you will keep us in the loop with your progress, and don’t forget…..we love photos! ;)

Losses suck. How old are you? Spend insurance money on ready to ride bikes rather than tools to restore "not ready to ride bikes"!:cool:

Great find, looks like a real survivor, hope you have lots of fun together. And I guess you are a survivor yourself - good to hear you're able to move on.

What a tale of heartbreak Odessa - so glad you are here and moving forward.

That looks like a very nice bike and well worth preserving! Looks like you’ve got yourself a ballgame there!

Pete

Back