Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Took Allison out on the 70 and we re-visited this barn
View attachment 228200
From two years ago, it's still hanging on.
View attachment 228201
just cuz
View attachment 228202
It was great day to be puttering around on the back roads.
Weathervane was on best behavior and Allison commented several times how enjoyable it was wandering around on the old gal.
Note to self; crank up the shock preload next time.......... Had to be careful over bumps.
I don’t think that barn is going to make it. It looks like a heavy snowfall might finish it off.

Awesome day for a ride! Yeah, more train stuff lol
20221024_150450 (3).jpg

Rivers too (must be a thing); the confluence of Muskingum & Ohio Rivers as background - the marker is a gift from France for the service of the Marietta College Ambulance Unit, rendered in France, during WWI
20221024_145615.jpg

Mid 70's and sunny...might as well get in one more "last one" before the impending doom. 200 miles on the Softail and one came home with one pic...
View attachment 228290
...and one weepy fork seal...lol
The extremely rare Harley at a bar pic. :lmao:
Well just ONE Harley at a bar is kinda hard to find.
JK, thanks for sharing.

... another exceptionally warm and clear day here in southwestern Quebec, temps in the low 70's. Bear in mind that it can snow at this time of year here. Got a good ride in today on the XT rather than the XS...pics taken from the top of the Carillon Dam at Pte-Fortune, QC, looking downstream at the Ottawa River.
2022_10_24_3.jpg
2022_10_24_2.jpg2022_10_24_1.jpg

.... well, Zeus continues to bless us (in SW QC) with exceptional weather. Clear, warm afternoon with temps in the low 70's (low 20's C. It's still 19*C now at 8:00 pm). Got another ride in, no great pic opportunities but I thought I would toss this gratuitous pic in. This is an old lighthouse at the entrance of the Soulange Canal at Pte-des-Cascades, QC. The Soulange Canal was the precursor to the St. Lawrence Seaway and was the route for all shipping between the Great Lakes and Montreal up until 1959.
002.jpg

.... well, Zeus continues to bless us (in SW QC) with exceptional weather. Clear, warm afternoon with temps in the low 70's (low 20's C. It's still 19*C now at 8:00 pm). Got another ride in, no great pic opportunities but I thought I would toss this gratuitous pic in. This is an old lighthouse at the entrance of the Soulange Canal at Pte-des-Cascades, QC. The Soulange Canal was the precursor to the St. Lawrence Seaway and was the route for all shipping between the Great Lakes and Montreal up until 1959. View attachment 228361
I navigated the Erie Canal in 74. I was 16, brother was 15, we delivered dad's new boat from Connecticut to Wisconsin. Great fun and memories.

Enter the dragon
It is a water fountain but closed this time of season.
At the square Southernmost town in Sweden -- Trelleborg.

100 -120 km ride today still stumbling between 2 -- 3 k Revved like a Hooligan max on all gears at times.
Trying to flush the carburetors
Long time since doing that last time -- clutch slipped at times .. not adjusted for that --- tested the 140 Km /h that was talked about and peaked there probably a bit more there.
Perhaps the last ride this year a bit cold at the end 12 - 14 celsius but overall OK.

Dragon.jpg

Well, Zeus continued to smile on us, until late in the afternoon when dark clouds appeared on the horizon very quickly. Until that happened, it was downright hot today!
Felt guilty riding the XT more than the XS lately, so had to make amends. XS ran great and made for a very enjoyable ride, probably one of the last of the season. Here are the pics, looking upstream on the Rigaud River, a little west of Rigaud, QC itself. You can see the dark clouds on the horizon. Although you probably can't make them out, there are hundreds if not thousands of Canada Geese floating on the river.
2022_10_26_2.jpg

Last edited:
Central Marietta is hardly a road trip for your good self?
Reckon it depends on how ya get there;); perhaps a lil' jaunt?
img023 (3).jpg

Almost forgot: lady asked: "Is that an Enfield?". When I replied: "No ma'am, it's a Yamaha", she gave me a dirty look:laugh2:

Last edited:
p5.jpg

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

Took Da Ninj for a quick ride around the Schoodic Section of Acadia National Park. Less than 10 minutes from my house, ridden it probably a thousand times since 1973 and still marvel at the beauty.

Put a splash of Stabil in the tank, wanted to make sure it got mixed and distributed thoroughly. Plus, it's a gorgeous day!

Yet another warm clear day in SW QC. Longish ride today on the XT, as the XS is laid-up in the shop. First pic is overlooking the St. Lawrence River Valley just east of the Ontario border. The second is Lake St. Francis, which is a widening of the St. Lawrence river that stretches from Cornwall ON to Valleyfield QC. The mountains faintly seen on the horizon are actually in the US, in Upper New York State. 2022_10_30_3.jpg2022_10_30_4.jpg

Great photos, Atom. The lake St Francis picture with US mountains had me looking up the area in Google maps, so I suppose I have a slightly better idea of how Quebec sits relative to New York state. Salaberry de Valleyfield looks like a very pleasant destination?

Back